Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancelled LHR - LAX (BA281 789) 08 August

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: BA GGL & GFL, EK Platinum
As a follow up to this, I have today received an email from BA stating that NO compensation is payable as the flight was cancelled due to “operational reasons”... ...?!?
Old Aug 18, 2018, 7:28 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by t4wine
As a follow up to this, I have today received an email from BA stating that NO compensation is payable as the flight was cancelled due to “operational reasons”... ...?!?
As in "we don't have enough aircraft to operate the schedule". Which isn't grounds for denying EC261. I would ask for a CEDR deadlock email.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
Seems as though there’s a few more cancellations of the 281.

Today (18th), Monday 20th and Wednesday 22nd - which happened to be the flight I was booked on.

Would appear I caught it early and managed to get what appeared to be one of the last seats on the later A380 flight.

Is there any EC261 payable, as I was rebooked and will only be arriving at my final destination 1h50 later than planned?
Old Aug 18, 2018, 2:16 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by jwhite9185
Is there any EC261 payable, as I was rebooked and will only be arriving at my final destination 1h50 later than planned?
No, you would have to be 3, maybe 4 hours late to claim anything here, it's 2 hours on shorter flights, and 4 hours for full compensation on cancel + rebook on longer sectors.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 12:18 am

Programs: AA ExP, DL Diamond, AF Plat, AS 75K, Hertz #1 Gold, National Executive, SPG Gold
Due to fly BA281 in 3 days and it has been canceled for 6 days in a row now... wondering what's going on now.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by pineapplejet
Due to fly BA281 in 3 days and it has been canceled for 6 days in a row now... wondering what's going on now.
It's not spelled out so clearly in this thread but this is a 787 route, specifically 787-9, and that aircraft was caught up in a premature recall on their Trent engines. More information on that here:
Cancellation of 787 services - Q4 2017 / Q1 2018 - Rolls Royce engine issue
787 issues all fixed?

But the BA281 doesn't seem so well loaded at this the most off peak part of the travel year so it's probably the easiest service to remove if there are equipment shortages. That's judging from today's service which doesn't appear to be cancelled yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.