BA/AA ticket issue

Old Aug 7, 18, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

BA/AA ticket issue

To make a long story short. AA changed time of one segment and I’d still be over the Atlantic. So, BA changed the segment, I called them, and set me up with a new flight. All is well. But, have an extra segment now: PHL-PIT.
AA said BA needs to delete segment.
Previous: LHR-PHI-PIT
Now: LHR-JFK-PIT
I’ll be in PIT now as planned way before the PHI-PIT even takes off.

What do I do?
Old Aug 7, 18, 1:02 pm

I had this issue too. BA Twitter team got it sorted for me.
Old Aug 7, 18, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mater View Post
I had this issue too. BA Twitter team got it sorted for me.
I just sent them a tweet.
Old Aug 7, 18, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Is there a time frame for a response on Twitter?
Old Aug 7, 18, 3:10 pm

Usually within a couple of hours from experience.
Old Aug 7, 18, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mater View Post
Usually within a couple of hours from experience.
Thanks.
Old Aug 7, 18, 7:23 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Operating/Marketing PNR

This is an operating PNR.

Operating PNRs are a GDSs solution to dealing with CODESHARES. There is a system which feeds CODESHARE bookings from the marketing airlines GDS to the OPERATING airlines GDS so reservations can be seen in one another’s reservations systems.

When both airlines (your marketing / operating airline) use the same GDS, its fine as we can access both your operating PNR and your selling PNR to enable changes to be made (as one of your PNRs will hold information segments which in that booking are there for info only.... they aren’t the live segments if you want to call them that)

When it comes to BA and AA, BA use Amadeus. AA use SABRE. So we cant access your marketing PNR/operating PNR. Operating PNRs also have limitations and one of those is the ability to delete some segments.

Chances are that extra PHL - PIT (if that’s the extra segment, cant remember) is an information only segment (but to you will show as a normal sector booking) so isnt holding seats out from sale... and if it is, we know its due to operating PNR limitations and revenue management take into account this when it comes to overbooking flights (as they know there is a certain amount of dupe booking that goes on due to feeding across of bookings across reservation systems)

Especially as the sector is way after your journey is completed, I really wouldn’t stress.... Worst that could happen is the “extra segment” created a false “no show auto cancellation” but there would be no more sectors to auto cancel.

I’d only say if you have any more flights on that PNR after the dodgy segment then ensure AA/BA have protected the booking from autocancellation.

Have you been given a new ticket number yet from the reissue?
Old Aug 7, 18, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ThisIsntOM View Post
This is an operating PNR.

Operating PNRs are a GDSs solution to dealing with CODESHARES. There is a system which feeds CODESHARE bookings from the marketing airlines GDS to the OPERATING airlines GDS so reservations can be seen in one another’s reservations systems.

When both airlines (your marketing / operating airline) use the same GDS, its fine as we can access both your operating PNR and your selling PNR to enable changes to be made (as one of your PNRs will hold information segments which in that booking are there for info only.... they aren’t the live segments if you want to call them that)

When it comes to BA and AA, BA use Amadeus. AA use SABRE. So we cant access your marketing PNR/operating PNR. Operating PNRs also have limitations and one of those is the ability to delete some segments.

Chances are that extra PHL - PIT (if that’s the extra segment, cant remember) is an information only segment (but to you will show as a normal sector booking) so isnt holding seats out from sale... and if it is, we know its due to operating PNR limitations and revenue management take into account this when it comes to overbooking flights (as they know there is a certain amount of dupe booking that goes on due to feeding across of bookings across reservation systems)

Especially as the sector is way after your journey is completed, I really wouldn’t stress.... Worst that could happen is the “extra segment” created a false “no show auto cancellation” but there would be no more sectors to auto cancel.

I’d only say if you have any more flights on that PNR after the dodgy segment then ensure AA/BA have protected the booking from autocancellation.

Have you been given a new ticket number yet from the reissue?
No, no new ticket. All I have are two PNRs. One BA and one AA. I’ve been able to access these both. I’m not going to worry about this, as you fully explained this to me, and I thank you. BA Twitter team haven’t responded. I’m sure they are busy and have to deal with others who have more pressing needs.
The BA PNR has the correct ITN, and the AA has the extra segment.
So, which PNR do I check in at PIT? I’m assuming BA, but I’ll have both print out with me, just in case.
My ITN:
PIT-JFK-LHR
LHR-JFK-PIT
Old Aug 7, 18, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by CosmosHuman View Post

No, no new ticket. All I have are two PNRs. One BA and one AA. I’ve been able to access these both. I’m not going to worry about this, as you fully explained this to me, and I thank you. BA Twitter team haven’t responded. I’m sure they are busy and have to deal with others who have more pressing needs.
The BA PNR has the correct ITN, and the AA has the extra segment.
So, which PNR do I check in at PIT? I’m assuming BA, but I’ll have both print out with me, just in case.
My ITN:
PIT-JFK-LHR
LHR-JFK-PIT
2 PNRs is normal (operating/marketing)

Just depends who your checking in with...

By the sounds of things, BA is the live PNR. Is your LHR - JFK operated by BA or AA?
Old Aug 7, 18, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

2 PNRs is normal (operating/marketing)

Just depends who your checking in with...

By the sounds of things, BA is the live PNR. Is your LHR - JFK operated by BA or AA?
LHR-JFK is AA.
Old Aug 7, 18, 7:58 pm

On another note, something I would keep an eye out for is your reissued ticket number before you travel.

For some reason unbeknown to me, most of our call centres set up a reissue, then queue it off to a ticket issue queue to be issued. This doesn’t always get done (I dont know why!) and then you’ll be inconvienienced with regards to online servicing/checking in of your booking and also probably have to visit a reservations agent at the airport.

If you have the new ticket number, then you know its been done and wont have the above.
Old Aug 7, 18, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Thank you. I’ll look through my emails for a ticket number.
Old Aug 7, 18, 8:05 pm

If your checking in on AA.com, check in with the AA reference.
Old Aug 7, 18, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

If your checking in on AA.com, check in with the AA reference.
Thank you, and I have done so.
Now, I can go to sleep happy, well, trying.

Search this Thread