Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

best seats for family of four plus lap child in CW?

Old Aug 7, 18, 8:48 am
Original Poster

we'll be flying on BA CW for the first time from LGW to TPA in late November. we have two adults, two children and a lap child. what are the best seats to select for this flight? thanks

looking at the seat map on BA.com this appears to be a 4 class 777, even though first class isn't being sold. is there anyway to select the first class seats? i know the service wouldnt be FC but would be nice
Old Aug 7, 18, 9:35 am

Programs: BA Gold
A well discussed topic...

Choosing First Class seats on Club Europe 777
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit......-777-a.html
3 class J on 4 class 777 as gold woes
4 class 777 ??
Flying J but I can select first class in my account?!?!
LGW 777 Club World - are these First seats? (Urgent!)

You will have to ride it out and see. I would be fully prepared to have J seats so pick the ones you want
Old Aug 7, 18, 9:44 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
How old/independent are the other children, and how small is the infant (much beyond 12 months the bassinet is pretty pointless)?
Old Aug 7, 18, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pauldb View Post
How old/independent are the other children, and how small is the infant (much beyond 12 months the bassinet is pretty pointless)?
7, 3, and 6 months. i'm thinking of selecting 14 A/B and 15 A/B
Old Aug 7, 18, 9:57 am

I'd probably go for 15 DEFG. Parent, 3yo (yes with baby/bassinet, but far enough away), Parent, 7yo. So you can both reach the young ones and the 7yo is close at hand for one of you.

On your combination you probably need a parent in 15A. Other parent is then in 15B (can't see 7yo in 14B) or is a bit trapped in 14A (can see both children but can't really reach either). I assume you are familiar with the ying-yang layout: 14A exits over 15B's legs - i.e. 15B can reach/control 14A better than 14B can. (Alternatively put 7yo in 15D not 14B; 3yo in 14A).
Old Aug 7, 18, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pauldb View Post
I'd probably go for 15 DEFG. Parent, 3yo (yes with baby/bassinet, but far enough away), Parent, 7yo. So you can both reach the young ones and the 7yo is close at hand for one of you.

On your combination you probably need a parent in 15A. Other parent is then in 15B (can't see 7yo in 14B) or is a bit trapped in 14A (can see both children but can't really reach either). I assume you are familiar with the ying-yang layout: 14A exits over 15B's legs - i.e. 15B can reach/control 14A better than 14B can. (Alternatively put 7yo in 15D not 14B; 3yo in 14A).
that was my first inclination as well but the 7 year old is insisting on a window seat...
Old Aug 7, 18, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by omaralt View Post
that was my first inclination as well but the 7 year old is insisting on a window seat...
Then I guess you put them in 15A or more likely 14A. If the latter, second parent in 14B or maybe switch that to 15D to be closer to the 3yo in 15B.
omaralt likes this.
Old Aug 7, 18, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Personally I would ignore what a 7 year old wants, why are you giving him a choice?
henry999, flyerkit, Hilde and 8 others like this.
Old Aug 7, 18, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Can I help you View Post
Personally I would ignore what a 7 year old wants, why are you giving him a choice?

because i understand that flying is an experience for her and she doesnt get to do it too often. when i was a kid i would love looking out the window when flying; i dont want to rob her of the same pleasure if i dont need to. i'm thinking i will take 14 a/b and 15 a/b at this point. if i get to the airport and they can we can get a 5th empty seat next to us (for the infant) then i would move anywhere. cant imagine LGW-TPA in november being fully booked in CW but who knows
GLA and flyerkit like this.
Old Aug 7, 18, 3:07 pm

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
If my kid looks from the window for 20 mins thatís 20 mins extra freedom in which I have a hope of finishing watching the movie in peace.

And: Pick 15A DEF and pray!
Old Aug 7, 18, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Takiteasy View Post

If my kid looks from the window for 20 mins thatís 20 mins extra freedom in which I have a hope of finishing watching the movie in peace.

And: Pick 15A DEF and pray!
lol i'll feel sorry for the schmuck who ends up in 15 B!
Old Aug 7, 18, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by omaralt View Post
because i understand that flying is an experience for her and she doesnt get to do it too often. when i was a kid i would love looking out the window when flying; i dont want to rob her of the same pleasure if i dont need to. i'm thinking i will take 14 a/b and 15 a/b at this point. if i get to the airport and they can we can get a 5th empty seat next to us (for the infant) then i would move anywhere. cant imagine LGW-TPA in november being fully booked in CW but who knows
Well of course it is your choice to let the rest of your family suffer to spoil just one, slippery slope I feel.
Old Aug 7, 18, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Well of course it is your choice to let the rest of your family suffer to spoil just one, slippery slope I feel.
suffering is a strong word lol. i would imagine having two window and two aisle seats would possibly be more comfortable?
Old Aug 7, 18, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
If you do want the window then how about 15AB - EF. That way, you have the 7yo in 15A with other parent next to her, and then parent 2 with the 3yo and baby in 15EF which are next to each other so make it easiest by far to look after a kid and with the bassinet for the baby.
Old Aug 7, 18, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes you are right suffer is too harsh but the perfect seating for your family is 15DEFG.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: