Community
Wiki Posts
Search

We do not fly that route on that date

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2018, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

We do not fly that route on that date

Upcoming trip, so just thought I'd see what today's price is and get this message on BA.con
Old Aug 5, 2018, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Calls BA and the guy says it's sold out, have a look on EF and shows more or less 1/4 of the whole flight as empty

strange one
Old Aug 5, 2018, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Not sure what your question / point is.

Not every flight is scheduled to operate every day and there may also be strategic cancellations.

The BA01 does not operate in August so you;d get the same message.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

I'm booked on it, and got into a bit of a flap when I seen that message pop up

so not sure what to make of it 🤔
Old Aug 5, 2018, 1:02 pm

It's still showing in the GDS but no availability. There may have been an aircraft swap. Do you know what version of the 777 you originally had, and can you see the seat map now?
Old Aug 5, 2018, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

3 class 777
Old Aug 5, 2018, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
It's still showing in the GDS but no availability. There may have been an aircraft swap. Do you know what version of the 777 you originally had, and can you see the seat map now?

map
Old Aug 5, 2018, 1:20 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by mwp1
I'm booked on it, and got into a bit of a flap when I seen that message pop up

so not sure what to make of it ��
As things stand, what I would make of it is that BA have somehow sold out on a popular route in the middle of the main school holiday. The sales buckets are zero'd out. Now other possibilities exist. For example it is currently down as a ten-a-row 777 in WT, which would give you a good IFE. But if they were looking to swap aircraft then it's not unusual for them to zero sales while they reconfigure the seated passengers. That's just one of many possible explanations, but I think my first hunch is the more likely.

J0 C0 D0 R0 I0 W0 E0 T0 Y0 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0
Old Aug 5, 2018, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
As things stand, what I would make of it is that BA have somehow sold out on a popular route in the middle of the main school holiday. The sales buckets are zero'd out. Now other possibilities exist. For example it is currently down as a ten-a-row 777 in WT, which would give you a good IFE. But if they were looking to swap aircraft then it's not unusual for them to zero sales while they reconfigure the seated passengers. That's just one of many possible explanations, but I think my first hunch is the more likely.

J0 C0 D0 R0 I0 W0 E0 T0 Y0 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0
👍

I did look a few a few weeks ago at my CW cabin and there was 11 seats booked out, now 9.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 1:36 pm

Is that right that it wants to charge you for rows 1 and 2, or is that a glitch?
Old Aug 5, 2018, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Is that right that it wants to charge you for rows 1 and 2, or is that a glitch?

yeah , I'm only a poxy bronze but that sector will get me back on silver

so, all the bookings I have booked after this I'll be able to select free, which is currently on 8
Old Aug 5, 2018, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by mwp1
yeah , I'm only a poxy bronze but that sector will get me back on silver

so, all the bookings I have booked after this I'll be able to select free, which is currently on 8
Sorry I assumed you were within 7 days - if you wait until Tuesday you should be able to select those rows for free no?
Old Aug 5, 2018, 2:15 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Sorry I assumed you were within 7 days - if you wait until Tuesday you should be able to select those rows for free no?
I am not sure why the OP would want to do that, s/he already has the best seat in the cabin.
T8191 and volar like this.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Still, the BA app should not be advising that 'we don't fly that route...' it should be returning options including the fully booked flight.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I am not sure why the OP would want to do that, s/he already has the best seat in the cabin.
No I wasn't suggesting they would - was just musing that there should no longer be a charge shown from that point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.