FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Checked baggage question LHR-HEL-Tallinn (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1923453-checked-baggage-question-lhr-hel-tallinn.html)

leisureflyer1234 Aug 4, 2018 11:51 am

Checked baggage question LHR-HEL-Tallinn

Hello

Just a quick question. We are travelling LHR HEL and connecting on to Tallinn. I know we go through passport control but do we need to reclaim bags in HEL?

Man thanks

UKtravelbear Aug 4, 2018 12:00 pm

If this is on one ticket then no you don't and you'll collect your bags in Tallinn

leisureflyer1234 Aug 4, 2018 12:06 pm

Thank you it is and that's what I thought. We have a long connection so I'm hoping they will let us into the Premium lounge on arrival as we are Club Europe and Gold before we go through passport control

KARFA Aug 4, 2018 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by leisureflyer1234 (Post 30047337)
Thank you it is and that's what I thought. We have a long connection so I'm hoping they will let us into the Premium lounge on arrival as we are Club Europe and Gold before we go through passport control

yes you shouldn’t have any problem doing that, so head there before heading to passport control. The TLL flights are bussed and usually from around gate 20/21 so make sure you leave the lounge in enough time to go through passport control and walk to the gate.

leisureflyer1234 Aug 4, 2018 12:13 pm

Thank you. I intend leaving enough time to try the other lounge which I think is near gate 22 as I haven't been there before

greg5 Aug 4, 2018 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by leisureflyer1234 (Post 30047366)
Thank you. I intend leaving enough time to try the other lounge which I think is near gate 22 as I haven't been there before

The Premium Lounge is much nicer than the one near gate 22.

firstlight Aug 5, 2018 12:24 am

Originally Posted by leisureflyer1234 (Post 30047337)

make sure you show them your BP from LHR otherwise they won't let you in to the gate 50 lounges, recently the gate dragon wouldn't let me in using my onward BP from HEL.

ikeatroll Aug 5, 2018 4:45 am

Originally Posted by greg5 (Post 30047874)
The Premium Lounge is much nicer than the one near gate 22.

Except for the view.

florens Aug 5, 2018 7:01 am

What time will you be there? The Premium lounge gets super crowded during the afternoon longhaul outbound wave.

nordic Aug 5, 2018 8:47 am

Originally Posted by leisureflyer1234 (Post 30047366)

The seating area is nice even in the Schengen lounge. However the catering is limited (sandwiches and soup) as there is a kitchen renovation going on until the end of August.