FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   LGW: Checkin opening vs lounge opening times (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1923319-lgw-checkin-opening-vs-lounge-opening-times.html)

NeilP Aug 3, 2018 4:19 pm

LGW: Checkin opening vs lounge opening times

From what I can see checking is from 0330:

03:30 (and between 16:00 and 22:00 for flights departing before 13:00 the following day)

Is this correct, we can checkin from 0330?

The lounges don’t open until 0515 - is this still the
car during summer months or do the lounges open earlier in line with checkin desks?

we’re a family of 4 so hoping we may get into the lounges (GCH) but aware we can get rejected.

flight leaves @ 0630 so thinking £90 on No1 lounge may be well spent vs what maybe 1/2 hour in the lounge.

seaskybound Aug 3, 2018 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by NeilP (Post 30045051)
From what I can see checking is from 0330:

03:30 (and between 16:00 and 22:00 for flights departing before 13:00 the following day)

Is this correct, we can checkin from 0330?

The lounges don’t open until 0515 - is this still the
car during summer months or do the lounges open earlier in line with checkin desks?

we’re a family of 4 so hoping we may get into the lounges (GCH) but aware we can get rejected.

flight leaves @ 0630 so thinking £90 on No1 lounge may be well spent vs what maybe 1/2 hour in the lounge.

In similar situation to you, but not GCH. GCH has -some- chance in getting into lounge. See my recent thread.

I do not think #1 is worth £90 at all, very underwhelming, even more at thistearly hour.
Instead go to grain bar cafe you can sit and get an amazing and proper breakfast (better than FL) for that amount of cash.

I know as I have priority pass and gets me into both #1 and the grain cafe (give £15 voucher). I have free PP via Amex. I rarely use it (as a OWE) but it has its uses like when travelling with Family.

What you say on night before checkin is a great learning for me as staying at the Hilton night before.

Morland Aug 3, 2018 4:52 pm

Lounge opened 0515 when I was there the other week - the only difference from published hours was that they opened the F lounge at the same time as the Club Lounge (published as 0700 opening). There was a long queue to get into the lounge complex at 0515 - not the most relaxing start to a holiday.

subject2load Aug 4, 2018 1:05 am

Originally Posted by Morland (Post 30045121)
................ There was a long queue to get into the lounge complex at 0515 - not the most relaxing start to a holiday.

I guess the words ‘school holidays, ‘peak summer, ‘Gatwick’ ‘relaxing’...... and ‘BA lounges’ can never co-exist happily in the same sentence :(

NeilP Aug 4, 2018 3:24 am

Thanks for the replies - indeed LGW bagdrop for morning departures is from 1600-2200 the day before departure... :0)

TWCLAM Aug 4, 2018 3:40 am

There is always a queue round the corner around 05:00 but they staff there are good at whisking through the line and getting people in super quick. I've never waited more than 5-7 mins when i've been as far back as the lift.

For a data point OP could you let us all know if the additional guests/ little ones were allowed in as it's helpful for others to know. Enjoy your holiday