Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check In Seat Q

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2018, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silv/Bron/Silv/Bron/Bron/Bron/Silver... Bronze.... Blue (in more ways than one)
Check In Seat Q

As a Bronze I reserved my window seat last week. I'm checking in now and I see three available seats - my options are:
1. Keep my seat
2. Move to middle seat beside toilets....ewww
3. ... it looks like a bulkhead window seat with extra leg room is available... however when I click on it I get the message Infant Seat Unavailable ...because '..they are associated with an infant in YOUR booking'

Now, I totally understand that the seat would be needed for a baby, and that's not my question - as I am the only ...baby... in my one-passenger booking, I don't understand why I am even seeing the seat as an option, then getting told to get lost when I try to take it. Simple computer error?
Old Aug 3, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
I got this when trying to reserve 64A in the upper deck. Gave up in the end.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 10:04 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The bassinet may be available if you call up, not always so, and sometimes you need to wait to T-48. Otherwise it is available to all and sundry at OLCI. It is showing as available, just in case there is an infant on your booking, and I presume that this is not the case.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Try logging into the Qantas website and manage your booking from there. Bulkhead infant seat may be selectable from there (it was for me recent flights).
Old Aug 3, 2018, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silv/Bron/Silv/Bron/Bron/Bron/Silver... Bronze.... Blue (in more ways than one)
I called them, and the seat was not available. Cheers all
endoman likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Rick A 1
I called them, and the seat was not available. Cheers all
also try on rj.com it’s how I force these through
Old Aug 3, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The bassinet may be available if you call up, not always so, and sometimes you need to wait to T-48. Otherwise it is available to all and sundry at OLCI. It is showing as available, just in case there is an infant on your booking, and I presume that this is not the case.
This is the strange thing about these seats. Sometimes I have got them when doing OLCI and other times I get the same message you did. Sometimes when I phone (esp for 64A) I get told its for infants, but other times they give it to me. Finally, I have also found that if I can't have it at OLCI, or over the phone, then no-one else has been able to claim it either and then I can get it at the airport.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Silver
Originally Posted by aidy
also try on rj.com it’s how I force these through
Yes, this worked for me. This is one reason I love FT.

For my last 747 trip, I set up an EF seat alert for 64A. When the seat alert fired, I wasn't able to obtain the seat.

Thanks to the advice here, I was able to get 64A through rj.com. (I got a lot of errors from rj.com, and the BA mobile app showed both my old and new seats on different screens, so I wasn't actually sure it had worked. But, after I waited several hours, everything agreed on 64A.)

So, thanks for the tip!
aidy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.