Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Earliest I can arrive at a BA Galleries Business Class Lounge before my flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked before or if I haven't searched hard enough in the forum but I'm flying out to Dubai in Club World from LHR late in the evening (2225) in a couple of months and wondered what the rules are for arriving early at a lounge please?

I believe there is a golden rule that says not before 4 hours of your scheduled departure time but I am arriving into LHR on an unconnected flight/itinerary on the same day earlier during the afternoon.

I'm currently Bronze status if that makes any difference?

Thanks for any guidance.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
at Heathrow you can get into the lounge anytime after it opens

No "4 hour" rule at LHR

At some outstations there may be some limits because of capacity issues.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:57 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Kkp0897
Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked before or if I haven't searched hard enough in the forum but I'm flying out to Dubai in Club World from LHR late in the evening (2225) in a couple of months and wondered what the rules are for arriving early at a lounge please?

I believe there is a golden rule that says not before 4 hours of your scheduled departure time but I am arriving into LHR on an unconnected flight/itinerary on the same day earlier during the afternoon.

I'm currently Bronze status if that makes any difference?

Thanks for any guidance.
Depends on how many 'business' phone calls you need to make.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 3:00 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
I don't know if there is a "golden rule" re 4 hours, but the DUB, EDI & GLA lounges see me in them in excess of 4 hours at times when meetings have finished unexpectedly early and I'm unable to get an earlier flight. So long as the lounge is open.. just go in and enjoy
If you have the time at LHR you can surf all 3 lounges, e.g. drinks in Galleries South, food in Galleries North, and dessert in the satellite B lounge- use the underground walkway to backtrack and burn off some of the calories
Kkp0897 likes this.

Last edited by IntVic; Aug 3, 2018 at 3:05 am Reason: adding info
Old Aug 3, 2018, 3:03 am

I know this is not what you are asking, but just for the record, don't plan on getting to DXB early on the return. I've had to wait several times for checkin to open there and it's not a pleasant way to spend your time. Better to stay in town and arrive at a sensible "last-minute" time.
Kkp0897 and Cymro like this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 3:06 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Some people camp out for the whole day - get some work done etc. (though usually that would be CCR), so no limits at LHR.
Kkp0897 likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 3:27 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
Some people camp out for the whole day - get some work done etc. (though usually that would be CCR), so no limits at LHR.
I would camp out all day because I'm cheap and a glutton!
Kkp0897 and gustavmahler like this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 6:49 am

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
Coming in from the provinces - we've arrived at LGW lounge at 10 in the morning and our flight wasn't until 1630. If there's free food and drink to be had....
IntVic and Obruni Boy like this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
babats
Correct. People living in lounges should have their phones taken away.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
You're good to go. For Galleries lounges in LHR/LGW I don't think there is a limit (except showing up on the same actual date). Outstations will have their own policy. The only thing that ever happened to me is a Lounge Dragon taking pity on me and encourage me to do a same-day flight change on an earlier flight (I actually meant to be in this early but it was still heartwarming)
dombo17uk likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 1:12 pm

I've never had issues getting into a lounge regardless of the number of hours I arrived early (as long as the lounge is open, obviously).

The issue I'd make sure doesn't arise is that you arrive at the airport and there is no open check-in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.