Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Is LGW allowing more than 1 guest in lounge (i.e. young kids)

Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

Vaguely remember there was something like that as a trial in past school holidays
Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:16 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
There is another thread somewhere. It seems to be invitation only this summer, targeted towards GGL / selected Golds it seems.

Seems a more sensible approach compared to an uncontrolled free-for-all as they did previously.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I wonder how selective it was... I had it a few days before dropping to Silver..... which reminds me I need to update my profile
Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:21 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
No harm in chancing it anyway - so long as you don't mind risking the walk of shame!
Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
It is better to try at the checkin desk, or at the Lounge?
Old Aug 3, 2018, 3:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
For me more complicated, I am a OWE (AA)

There is no walk of shame walking up and asking politely.. Better to be armed with info "I understood there was a program in place that Golds.... OWE is usually like Gold.
..."

Priority pass has an amazing altralterna at LGW the grain cafe, so not too concerned.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 3:19 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I have seen something about this as well. Not more than 2 months ago however, one young man through the best Wobbly I'd seen in a long time. Whatever it was that he could not have (they were bound for JFK) he started yelling and stamping his feet. His parents did next to nothing and confirmed what I have believed for a long time - there is never a problem with children, it is the parents who are entirely to blame.

Had my nephews or nieces done such a thing, Rich Bltch (my fabulously wealthy (through marriage) sister) would have separated their heads from their bodies. One look was all it took - just like my Mother.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 5:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
I asked BA about this for my MIL and they said it was not guaranteed so instead of GLA-LGW-PAO we booked EasyJet GLA-FAO. I have not received any emails to say it was being relaxed and the Gold line said the last email was in dec.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Flying out there on the 9th so will ask when I go to the lounge. I tried to find the email I got about it recently where it said status member plus upto 5 guests during the summer but i've deleted it. I was somewhat confused in getting it as i'm 'new & Blue' but i'm hitting Silver in under 6 months as a leisure traveller so maybe they were trying to encourage me to continue current habit's regarding travel ( or more likely it was genericaly sent to all)

Will report back once I've asked( if nobodies nailed it by then). They're a pretty friendly bunch so I imagine subject to capacity they'd be fairly open to it anyway if you were GGL.

Just an additional bit of info that at LGW you can't pass through security more than 7 hours before your flight ( somebody recently complained about that fact so it's apparently a thing)
Old Aug 3, 2018, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
To my knowledge, the current trial is only for GGL. I think that the chances that a GCH be allowed more than one guest are low, of a OWE from another FFP pretty much zero has this is in no way a Oneworld policy.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 7:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
one young man through the best Wobbly
‘through’

Sneaking off behind the bike sheds during English spelling lessons PG?

Old Aug 3, 2018, 7:11 am

This summer it has been targeted for mostly GGL but also some Golds, they will email you with the details prior to your flight. If you don't get the email, you don't get the extra guests (apart from the standard staff discretion)
Old Aug 3, 2018, 7:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic
To my knowledge, the current trial is only for GGL. I think that the chances that a GCH be allowed more than one guest are low, of a OWE from another FFP pretty much zero has this is in no way a Oneworld policy.
Some golds have also received an email regarding extra guesting Email: A warm Summer welcome for you and your guests
Old Aug 3, 2018, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by JFX1764
This summer it has been targeted for mostly GGL but also some Golds, they will email you with the details prior to your flight. If you don't get the email, you don't get the extra guests (apart from the standard staff discretion)

Originally Posted by KARFA
Some golds have also received an email regarding extra guesting Email: A warm Summer welcome for you and your guests
Thanks both, sorry I miss that. I definitely know some golds who have not received the offer so not too sure what the actual criteria is!
Old Aug 3, 2018, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
perhaps it is being aimed at Golds who are on particular flights where BA estimate the lounge will have spare capacity so it could be date and flight specific so someone gets offered it on a quiet Wednesday but not on a busy Friday even for the same flight time and destination.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.