Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Can 4-year-old kid get mileage when travelling on business class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2018, 1:20 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium HSBC INFINITE SQ Gold

It seems that I cannot register a BA account for the baby
Old Aug 2, 2018, 1:21 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by vincentsjtu

Yes, but only as part of a household account.
FrogTastic and kwisstan like this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 1:24 pm

You need to open a household account.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 1:32 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium HSBC INFINITE SQ Gold
Originally Posted by rapidex
You need to open a household account.
Thank you a lot

Last edited by vincentsjtu; Aug 2, 2018 at 1:47 pm
Old Aug 2, 2018, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Surely you need to register the youngster as a member of the HHA?

That may trigger BAEC membership, otherwise I’m bemused.

The Dashboard seems to have the answer ... Your guide to Household Accounts
Old Aug 2, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
The baby should be able to get their own number within a household account. You can’t earn the baby’s miles into yours. Adding your number against the baby’s booking won’t work.

However, if the baby is on the lap and is paying 10% of the fare then I would doubt you’ll get miles for them anyway.

edit... I’m now confused. Is the baby and the 4 year old the same person?? The 4 year old should earn at the same rate as an adult - but they need their own BAEC number.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
From ba.com:
The Executive Club Household Account:
Is free to set up.
  • Can be used by up to seven members living at the same address.
  • Is available for your children to join, regardless of age.
  • Lets any member over 18 years of age spend Avios from the Household Account.
  • Lets you add seat and meal preferences to everyone's profile, so we know what you like.
From the Household Account terms and conditions:
18.1.13. Parents or guardians may nominate persons under 18 years of age to be a Member of a Household Account and this will entitle them to earn and, subject to the remainder of this Clause 18.1.12, redeem Avios points. Requests and bookings relating to Rewards may be made by any Household Account Member provided they are 18 years of age or over. For the avoidance of doubt, apart from the ability to earn Avios points and to receive the benefit of Reward travel by virtue of Avios points being redeemed for their benefit by any Household Account Member over 18 years of age, Household Account Members under 18 years of age are not entitled to the Services by reason of their being a Household Account Member. Nominated persons under the age of 18 who are a member of a Household Account are governed by the same data protection rules as other Household Account Members who are 18 or over. This means that information relating to the Member’s Executive Club account can only be discussed with the Member, or their appointed third party nominee.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Age 18 for BAEC membership, but no age limit for joining HHA. Child has to have a paid seat. (summary of Dashboard text)
Old Aug 2, 2018, 3:06 pm

Hey, just buy them a teddy bear! They’re going to appreciate that more than a few tiers and miles.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Speak for yourself. My three year old is very keen on trying out the White Company bedding on his forthcoming tier point run to Singapore, during which he gets his silver status. He was watching a review of the Club World seating this morning, avidly.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by bisonrav
Speak for yourself. My three year old is very keen on trying out the White Company bedding on his forthcoming tier point run to Singapore, during which he gets his silver status. He was watching a review of the Club World seating this morning, avidly.
Shouldn’t this be in the DYKWMCI thread? 🤗
bisonrav and FrogTastic like this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 3:36 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Your 4 yr old, if part of a household account, earns full miles and tier points (even on child fares, which are typically 67-100% of the adult fare). My eldest who is 5 has had gold for nearly 2 years this way. They get full guesting privileges too into lounges (he is looking forward to guesting his gran into LHR T3 CX F later this week). We registered him onto our household account at birth and he has had his own Exec Membership number since then- just that no miles or tier points were earnt on lap infant fares (which we used until he turned 2).
Little brother will be turning 2 soon, so hopefully will follow suit.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 3:41 pm

Programs: All the usual suspects
Originally Posted by bisonrav
Be careful......My 11 year old daughter is going to have a rude awakening when she starts paying for her own flights. She did actually tell me her seat was broken once (when she was about 5) on a short haul flight as it wouldn't recline to flat....
Old Aug 2, 2018, 4:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
My 4yr old and 2yr old are far too comfortable in the BA Lounges for my liking.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 12:22 am

My oldest is 19 and plays the loyalty game like an old pro.I just caught him giving his 14 year old sister lessons on upgrades and lounge guesting.
T8191 and tedcruz like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.