Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Good Avios redemption for flights out of or to YVR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2018, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

Guys, I apologize, but I find Avios redemption information to be a bit overwhelming for me. I know Avios is good for short haul. I'm more interested in long haul flights. I'm based in YVR. I know I should avoid BA metal whenever I can to avoid the high surcharges. From what I gather, redeeming Avios for CX flying YVR-JFK is worth it whether it's in economy or business. True or false in 2018? My understanding is that the YVR-JFK flights have the lie flat seats so I can sleep properly. True? Any other suggestions on good redemption for Avios whether it's in economy or business class out of or to YVR?

Thank you.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 9:07 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by lsquare
Guys, I apologize, but I find Avios redemption information to be a bit overwhelming for me. I know Avios is good for short haul. I'm more interested in long haul flights. I'm based in YVR. I know I should avoid BA metal whenever I can to avoid the high surcharges. From what I gather, redeeming Avios for CX flying YVR-JFK is worth it whether it's in economy or business. True or false in 2018? My understanding is that the YVR-JFK flights have the lie flat seats so I can sleep properly. True? Any other suggestions on good redemption for Avios whether it's in economy or business class out of or to YVR?

Thank you.
Hi @lsquare, CX888 is normally operate a B777-300ER (four-class configuration). You will pay minimal surcharges, however you may need to call up for availability as ExpertFlyer does not display this. I would definitely book business class or higher as this flight leaves around 11pm arriving 7am Eastern time.

From JFK, you have the choice of AA or EI to DUB if you wish to avoid surcharges. However, there are usually good J availability with BA and flexibility with time.

If time is a factor, you may wish to consider the EI flight from SEA to DUB and can represent good value WRT to surcharges.

EdiFrank
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.