New Fizz?!

Reply

Old Aug 2, 18, 4:57 am
  #61  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Posts: 748
Originally Posted by Geordie405 View Post
Everyone's palate is different and I am sure that the new offerings will be as well received by some as they are disparaged by others. If we all liked exactly the same thing life would be pretty boring, and I am sure there would be complaints if BA never changed any of its F&B offerings. I for one will be more than happy to sample the new Champagne and sparkling wine and will reserve judgment on them until that time.
Originally Posted by orbitmic View Post
You're absolutely right that tastes vary and any wine/drink/dish will be liked by "some" people and disliked by "some" other people. It does not follow, however, that the proportion of happy and unhappy people will always be the same!
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE View Post
You are quite right. I do however sometimes suspect that people think that paying a lot of money automatically means that the wine is good and that paying less reduces it to rubbish. I get so tired of the French thinking that anything that is produced outside the hexagon is not fit for human consumption. Frances makes some of the world's finest wines - but only some of them.

All valid points, however, why is it BA can make a simple change like this and cause controversy while other airlines cause joy amongst all? There is no denying they are comparing the new range is below par of other premium airlines.
icegirl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 18, 7:06 am
  #62  
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Alicante. Spain
Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Posts: 14,689
I smiled when I read that Icegirl. I donít travel much to other Fora so I donít know. However I do read enough to know that there is dissatisfaction elsewhere as well.

What I would say is that no other airline Forum makes such a song-and-dance over Champagne. It was ever thus at BA Forum. On other Fora they go on if they start serving some soft drink or other. So maybe we are all unashamed Wine Snobs. I certainly am.

The best Champagne for me is the one that you press a bell until you get @Can I help you to serve. Sharpish! 😉😉
Boyfrombiot and Grande Annee like this.
PUCCI GALORE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 18, 8:20 am
  #63  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Programs: BA
Posts: 96
Originally Posted by icegirl View Post
All valid points, however, why is it BA can make a simple change like this and cause controversy while other airlines cause joy amongst all? There is no denying they are comparing the new range is below par of other premium airlines.
You do realise that if you exclude all your posts in this thread it becomes much more benign...
hemschmall is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 18, 9:04 am
  #64  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: BHX
Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card
Posts: 6,208
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
Yes that's what has been suggested by some of the BA CC on other threads - quarter size bottles to replace the full size ones on medium and long band routes. I think it is a good move too for the same reasons.
I think it's a good move simply for waste reasons. So many times lately I've seen someone order a glass of Champagne with breakfast on a CE flight (always when I'm driving at the other end and can't drink) and then most of a bottle is being flushed 45 minutes later.
Wozza2404 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 18, 11:25 am
  #65  
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere between 0 and 13,000 metres high
Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Posts: 23,416
Originally Posted by icegirl View Post
All valid points, however, why is it BA can make a simple change like this and cause controversy while other airlines cause joy amongst all?
I suspect you did not spend much time on the JL forum when they announced that Salon was being replaced by Cristal!
teledude likes this.
orbitmic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 18, 12:42 pm
  #66  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Posts: 748
Originally Posted by orbitmic View Post
I suspect you did not spend much time on the JL forum when they announced that Salon was being replaced by Cristal!
I suspect you don't spend much time in LA? Cristal is one of my absolute favs!! I must admit I don't ever recall ever trying Salon.
icegirl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 18, 1:03 pm
  #67  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: a £30 taxi to LHR
Programs: BA Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 627
Very much enjoyed a glass of jeepers in GF tonight. Pretty good. Now off to the rubbish CE offers.
lavajava is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 18, 1:20 pm
  #68  
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere between 0 and 13,000 metres high
Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Posts: 23,416
Originally Posted by icegirl View Post
I suspect you don't spend much time in LA? Cristal is one of my absolute favs!! I must admit I don't ever recall ever trying Salon.
I like Cristal a lot too so in no way criticising your taste! I was just answering the part where you were saying that when other airlines change their Champagne offering, nobody complains - or did I understand your point wrong (apologies if so!)

PS: I'm a regular visitor to LA for work but also because I like it a lot!
icegirl likes this.
orbitmic is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread