New Fizz?!

Old Aug 2, 18, 4:57 am

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Originally Posted by Geordie405 View Post
Everyone's palate is different and I am sure that the new offerings will be as well received by some as they are disparaged by others. If we all liked exactly the same thing life would be pretty boring, and I am sure there would be complaints if BA never changed any of its F&B offerings. I for one will be more than happy to sample the new Champagne and sparkling wine and will reserve judgment on them until that time.
Originally Posted by orbitmic View Post
You're absolutely right that tastes vary and any wine/drink/dish will be liked by "some" people and disliked by "some" other people. It does not follow, however, that the proportion of happy and unhappy people will always be the same!
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE View Post
You are quite right. I do however sometimes suspect that people think that paying a lot of money automatically means that the wine is good and that paying less reduces it to rubbish. I get so tired of the French thinking that anything that is produced outside the hexagon is not fit for human consumption. Frances makes some of the world's finest wines - but only some of them.

All valid points, however, why is it BA can make a simple change like this and cause controversy while other airlines cause joy amongst all? There is no denying they are comparing the new range is below par of other premium airlines.
Old Aug 2, 18, 7:06 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I smiled when I read that Icegirl. I donít travel much to other Fora so I donít know. However I do read enough to know that there is dissatisfaction elsewhere as well.

What I would say is that no other airline Forum makes such a song-and-dance over Champagne. It was ever thus at BA Forum. On other Fora they go on if they start serving some soft drink or other. So maybe we are all unashamed Wine Snobs. I certainly am.

The best Champagne for me is the one that you press a bell until you get @Can I help you to serve. Sharpish! 😉😉
Boyfrombiot and Grande Annee like this.
Old Aug 2, 18, 8:20 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by icegirl View Post
All valid points, however, why is it BA can make a simple change like this and cause controversy while other airlines cause joy amongst all? There is no denying they are comparing the new range is below par of other premium airlines.
You do realise that if you exclude all your posts in this thread it becomes much more benign...
Old Aug 2, 18, 9:04 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
Yes that's what has been suggested by some of the BA CC on other threads - quarter size bottles to replace the full size ones on medium and long band routes. I think it is a good move too for the same reasons.
I think it's a good move simply for waste reasons. So many times lately I've seen someone order a glass of Champagne with breakfast on a CE flight (always when I'm driving at the other end and can't drink) and then most of a bottle is being flushed 45 minutes later.
Old Aug 2, 18, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
All valid points, however, why is it BA can make a simple change like this and cause controversy while other airlines cause joy amongst all?
I suspect you did not spend much time on the JL forum when they announced that Salon was being replaced by Cristal!
teledude likes this.
Old Aug 2, 18, 12:42 pm

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Originally Posted by orbitmic View Post
I suspect you did not spend much time on the JL forum when they announced that Salon was being replaced by Cristal!
I suspect you don't spend much time in LA? Cristal is one of my absolute favs!! I must admit I don't ever recall ever trying Salon.
Old Aug 2, 18, 1:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold
Very much enjoyed a glass of jeepers in GF tonight. Pretty good. Now off to the rubbish CE offers.
Old Aug 2, 18, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I suspect you don't spend much time in LA? Cristal is one of my absolute favs!! I must admit I don't ever recall ever trying Salon.
I like Cristal a lot too so in no way criticising your taste! I was just answering the part where you were saying that when other airlines change their Champagne offering, nobody complains - or did I understand your point wrong (apologies if so!)

PS: I'm a regular visitor to LA for work but also because I like it a lot!
icegirl likes this.