Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways not responsible for Stairs to plane?

British Airways not responsible for Stairs to plane?

Old Aug 1, 18, 12:55 am

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Sir, I think they are towing your giraffe
DeathSlam likes this.
Old Aug 1, 18, 3:10 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
Of course itís not a good situation, but Iím sure they got you off as fast as they could.
Iím not sure what take it further means. All they can do is apologise, they canít get your hour back, and they didnít do it on purpose. Iíd just let it go.
Old Aug 1, 18, 4:30 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
This highlights a couple of points for me - firstly that BA are slow (never?) to offer any apology - although you say they have used the word 'sorry' so that is all you are likely to get and it might be better to relax and save your blood pressure. However, they know when things have gone wrong and a pre-emptive apology, even to F customers who end up de-planing last, might easily resolve the situation. Or, in our case, a pre-emptive apology and maybe some small compensation, when they knew we had paid for CE but there was no catering, would work wonders for their PR. Why is it that you never get a 'Thank you for using BA today, we'd like to ask about your experience' text when these things happen?!

Secondly, is why everyone has the urge to stand up and queue as soon as the seat belt sign is off and before the door is opened. How my inner shadenfruede glows when everyone queues for door 1 and we end up leaving via door 2 - small pleasures!
Bellslea likes this.
Old Aug 1, 18, 4:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by vintagepilot View Post
Secondly, is why everyone has the urge to stand up and queue as soon as the seat belt sign is off and before the door is opened.
I usually get up as soon as the seat belt signs are off simply to stretch my legs Ė something even more relevant to hose with longer legs than me. It is also a good time to put my headphones back in my bag and get anything out I may need for my onward journey.

What always puzzles me is those people who actually get up even before the signs have come off or while the aircraft has not finished parking yet. It seems more prevalent on some routes than othersÖ
Old Aug 1, 18, 5:24 am

Programs: BA Silver
Also, how on earth did the OP expect F passengers to leave first, via the back door? March them through a cabin where everyone is already frustrated and blocking the isles? It's obvious something unusual happened, and the OP appears most upset at leaving last, which considering the circumstances and logistics seems like an unreasonable complaint. Otherwise, he's just really upset that they didn't say sorry enough, which I fail to see how that could be breaching any contract or eligible for any form of compensation! Compensating for what?
Old Aug 1, 18, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by sb1982 View Post
Also, how on earth did the OP expect F passengers to leave first, via the back door? March them through a cabin where everyone is already frustrated and blocking the isles? It's obvious something unusual happened, and the OP appears most upset at leaving last, which considering the circumstances and logistics seems like an unreasonable complaint. Otherwise, he's just really upset that they didn't say sorry enough, which I fail to see how that could be breaching any contract or eligible for any form of compensation! Compensating for what?
Of course, it's frustration, and there is no compensation for that.

However consider this. These are the airline's premier passengers. A customer focused business might have a crew member walk round the cabin saying 'look there has been a problem, we are really sorry, and we will get you on the way asap'. A non customer focused company would ignore it, wait until people complain, then blame someone else.

Which would you say BA is?
Old Aug 1, 18, 5:36 am

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
It has taken BA an hour to get BA staff to get BA steps to a BA 767 on T5A before in my experience. It's hardly a stellar experience
Old Aug 1, 18, 7:17 am

Responsibility is just one of those pesky things you cant outsource or offload
Old Aug 1, 18, 7:27 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Premier (Level 1), Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Diamond (via BA)
Maybe it was someone trying to climb the company ladder!
Old Aug 1, 18, 11:01 am
Suspended

Probably not worth getting your knickers in a knot about. Itís a process that involves the humble human. Errors will happen and such is life.

As as an aside I set a new personal best the other week. From walking off (an EK at T3) 380, hand luggage only, I was boarding my train from platform 15 at Victoria only 47 minutes later (I timed it). Literally all the planets aligned, no line at the passport gates, trains arriving as I stepped onto the platform for the Heathrow Express and the Circle Line, and the Circle Line actually rattled along efficiently! Anyone beat that?!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: