Towels and LGW GC Showers

Reply

Old Jul 31, 18, 2:43 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Edinburgh
Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
Posts: 663
Towels and LGW GC Showers

Hello

I am running the Bournmouth Marathon and will want a shower after it. I have never showered in the lounges before.

Do you provide your own towel or do BA provide towels for you to use?

Thanks
tomparskate is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 18, 2:46 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: a 30 taxi to LHR
Programs: BA Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 636
I think one would make the assumption these are provided (without checking). I don't think BA would expect you to carry a towel in your hand luggage
lavajava is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 18, 2:49 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sussex
Programs: QF BAEC [Gold]
Posts: 521
Originally Posted by tomparskate View Post
Hello

I am running the Bournmouth Marathon and will want a shower after it. I have never showered in the lounges before.

Do you provide your own towel or do BA provide towels for you to use?

Thanks
Best wishes for your Marathon.
In my experience, towels are provided at all the showers I have ever used in BA lounges (and indeed AA, QF, CX). So I would be nmost suprised if LGW was an exception.
PWOZUK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 18, 3:19 am
  #4  
dsf
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Surbiton, Surrey, UK.
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 1,472
It's not an exception. Or at least, it wasn't in May
dsf is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 18, 3:23 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: London, UK
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 2,673
You can also expect shampoo and shower gel.
mikeyfly likes this.
ringingup is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 18, 3:40 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Edinburgh
Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
Posts: 663
Originally Posted by PWOZUK View Post
Best wishes for your Marathon.
In my experience, towels are provided at all the showers I have ever used in BA lounges (and indeed AA, QF, CX). So I would be nmost suprised if LGW was an exception.
Thanks a lot,

Ideal much appreciated
tomparskate is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 18, 4:34 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Programs: BA Bronze SPG
Posts: 184
What I do remember about the LGW BA Lounge was no hairdryer in the cubicles. There is a hairdryer to use but only place to plug it in was in the business centre which is not exactlyprivate - plus disruptive to anyone who is trying to work/have phone calls!

Not sure if this bit has been sorted as it was May 17 when I used the lounge.
FEMW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 18, 10:48 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Offshore Island
Programs: BAEC Silver
Posts: 241
I have never been in a lounge where towels and toiletries were not provided.
Good luck in the race. What time are hoping for ?
TheOldMan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 18, 11:12 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Herts, UK
Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond.
Posts: 2,837
Whatever you do, Just don't use the Razor they give you!
stewaran is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 18, 12:38 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Programs: FB Gold, MB Plat, Hertz President's Circle
Posts: 39
I'm sure that no lounge would provide a shower without a towel. I think hardly anybody carries a towel in their carry-on.
mpkossen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 18, 11:26 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Glasgow and Asia
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Posts: 467
Originally Posted by FEMW View Post
What I do remember about the LGW BA Lounge was no hairdryer in the cubicles. There is a hairdryer to use but only place to plug it in was in the business centre which is not exactlyprivate - plus disruptive to anyone who is trying to work/have phone calls!

Not sure if this bit has been sorted as it was May 17 when I used the lounge.

Hair dryers are built into the wall in the cubicles (well number 2 anyway). I'm baldy but always use them to air dry after a towel dry.

To the OP. I use the LGW showers all the time. They are far better than the LHR Spa showers (SPA??? meant to say dump) by a mile. Nice towels and toiletries.
The showers are in the GC lounge
GlasgowCyclops is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 18, 11:57 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London, UK
Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
Posts: 1,323
The lounge in BCN (Barcelona) does not provide towels. I was surprised and the OP is right to ask the question. Fortunately, I had a beach towel with me that day.
Nicksta is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread