Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LCY Y is pretty much as good as LHR CE!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2018, 10:53 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by 07L 25R
Luckily the seat map on my flight still showing 1A/B as available. My question is still why no one is interested in them
If you're not Gold /Emerald you probably won't be able to choose the seats before T-72 or OLCI. BACF has a lot of Emerald passengers, also a lot of late booking passengers, so it may not stay that way. Some passengers don't like the front seats due to the poor overhead luggage arrangement on the starboard side (the big catering tray lives above those seats), the need to store all baggage during take-off, and on 1A/1B there is more knee room but the bulk head may restrict legroom.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Thanks for all the insights. I am amazed that a subsidiary airline of BA (Cityflyer) is so much better than the main airline on a similar route. The only difference of flying the two in practical terms for me is one flies from LHR the other from LCY. Both fly to JMK at a similar price, yet are so different in terms of comfort and service. It’s almost like the main line should be called ghetto flyer !

if only LCY was bigger and flew to more routes, then I would never do BA LHR for short haul again unless they were much cheaper (unlikely)

Last edited by ahmetdouas; Aug 4, 2018 at 5:48 pm
Old Aug 5, 2018, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
Thanks for all the insights. I am amazed that a subsidiary airline of BA (Cityflyer) is so much better than the main airline on a similar route. The only difference of flying the two in practical terms for me is one flies from LHR the other from LCY. Both fly to JMK at a similar price, yet are so different in terms of comfort and service. It’s almost like the main line should be called ghetto flyer !

if only LCY was bigger and flew to more routes, then I would never do BA LHR for short haul again unless they were much cheaper (unlikely)
In fairness, on some routes, the base prices for flights on the LHR, LGW, and LCY routes can be very different (but then, still in fairness, sometimes the LCY is a lot cheaper than the LHR whilst other times it is the other way round! Never too sure why!! )
ahmetdouas likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 2:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas

I remember enjoying GT flights from LGW to JMK before CJ offered the route and GT was also much better than mainline. The crew were excellent and this has really benefited easyJet. CJ has added an aircraft recently and important business routes such as Linate have been added, this route also rotates through STN at the weekend. I’d like to see the daily Madrid night stopper return and a Barcelona one added.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by orbitmic
In fairness, on some routes, the base prices for flights on the LHR, LGW, and LCY routes can be very different (but then, still in fairness, sometimes the LCY is a lot cheaper than the LHR whilst other times it is the other way round! Never too sure why!! )
on the LHR flight I think the reason was some passengers were transit, while at LCY probably none where. That’s one reason I think prices were different . On the return it was cheaper to LCY than LHR 3 months in advance and both flights were eventually fully booked. It was a no brainer to do LCY. To be honest even if it was a connecting flight I would do LCY! It takes what, 1:20 from LCY to LHR with the tube for 3.10 GBP?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.