Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat availablity check BA184

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2018, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Seat availablity check BA184

If anyone is on BA184 EWR to Heathrow on August 2, 2018 and can reserve seats now would you be so kind as to let me know what is available. I am in Club World and traveling alone but cannot choose seats until 24 hours prior. I understand seat options may / will change. Not sure if this is something that can be done but thought I would give it a shot.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 7:25 am

Programs: SAS Gold, Hilton Diamond, OWS
Currently showing the following availability:

10 E+F
11 E+F
12 E+F
13 E+G+J
14 D+E+F+G+J
15 B+D+F+G
Old Jul 29, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold

This is the seatmap, but, unless I’m missing something, I’m not sure I understand why you can’t check yourself in MMB.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Thank you - I wasn't able to view it earlier when I tried. Not sure if it was an issue on my end or with BA's app. I appreciate the information and will try again tomorrow to see if whatever the issue was is fixed.
Out of the options currently available, which is the best seat option. Are all the window seats really gone or are they being held for some reason.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jfga2014
Thank you - I wasn't able to view it earlier when I tried. Not sure if it was an issue on my end or with BA's app. I appreciate the information and will try again tomorrow to see if whatever the issue was is fixed.
Try from the website instead would be my suggestion.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by jfga2014
Out of the options currently available, which is the best seat option. Are all the window seats really gone or are they being held for some reason.
the seat map image is from expert flyer and you should be able to create an account and a free seat alert to see the map.

the only windows are 15A/K which are shown as blocked (they are great seats due to direct aisle access). The rest show as occupied. You may get lucky to choose these if you check in as quickly as you can when check in opens.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lavajava
the seat map image is from expert flyer and you should be able to create an account and a free seat alert to see the map.

the only windows are 15A/K which are shown as blocked (they are great seats due to direct aisle access). The rest show as occupied. You may get lucky to choose these if you check in as quickly as you can when check in opens.
Thank you
Old Jul 29, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: AA, DL, TK
Based on the EF seat map shown, it's rather odd that 13F is taken whilst 13 E & G remain available. If there is no window seat available when you are able to choose, I might try 14D on the grounds that if 13E remains empty, there will be no one needing to climb over you and (at least at present) no one across the divider.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 8:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
15 A, E and K are bassinet positions, hence the block. They may become available on check in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.