Search

CCR access bumped from BA F to AA F

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2018, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
CCR access bumped from BA F to AA F

Does anybody have any experience of being transferred to an AA F flight due to being bumped from BA F. IN these circumstances would you still be allowed in the CCR if you had an onward connection.I have a colleague who’s is on an I ticket upgraded to F with avios which looks to be oversold (192 DFW/ LHR on 11/8). She is pessimistic about being bumped but there is good availability on AA in F so she would hopefully be transferred to a codeshare
Old Jul 29, 2018, 6:44 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If she has a confirmed seat in the cabin, I don't think she is currently at risk, it is sold out but not necessarily overbooked. It's some way off anyway, a lot could happen, and the underlying aircraft is not oversold since it's G2. In this scenario - where AA is wide open in First - it's unlikely anyone would end up with an unsatisfactory outcome. Some telephone calls may go out a few days before travel with inducements to move some passengers to AA, but I don't think it will come to that.

But normally a AA boarding pass would not allow CCR access. If someone was moved to an AA flight involuntarily, I would ask the airport (station) manager to endorse the booking, and I suspect CCR access would then be allowed on a discretionary basis.
PJSMITH0 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.