Christmas market 2018

Old Nov 27, 2018, 3:29 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by above the clouds
See on the Monday's flight in this case : )
Does three of us on that flight count as an FT party?!
Old Nov 27, 2018, 3:37 am

Programs: BA Executive Blue
I'll be somewhere in the back though. Thanks to an RFS I managed to fit a sneaky trip in for Christmas Market/Nephew Meeting/Gingerbread hoarding before Christmas
Old Nov 27, 2018, 3:39 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by ankasi
I'll be somewhere in the back though. Thanks to an RFS I managed to fit a sneaky trip in for Christmas Market/Nephew Meeting/Gingerbread hoarding before Christmas
I'm always in the back, row 25 out and treating myself with 13 on Monday evening! Should be able to smell the Club food from there :-D
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 4:15 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'll be in 24A... and in lounge from around 6pm. @ankasi, if you need help finding the lounge send me a DM.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 4:34 am

Programs: BA Executive Blue
I know where the lounge is, as usually I fly Club for Christmas, but I am a blue only, so will forgo the lounge and stock up on local wine in the duty free..
Old Nov 27, 2018, 6:49 am
Suspended

I’m thinking of Nuremberg, but the flight back on a Sunday is a bit late, any suggestions for an alternative would be appreciated.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by marshy11
The busiest, but had the most "going on" was the in Rathausplatz. Fabulous atmosphere in the dark with the Rathaus lit up in and wonderful lighting around the Platz itself. It was VERY busy although not impossible to queue for food/drink and it had all sorts of stalls. This was probably the best Christmas atmosphere and had an ice rink which seemed to weave in and out of the stalls *unless my gluhwein gave me that impression! Probably the best for a beer/gluhwein and Langos.

We hit Schonbrunn Palace in the daytime for their market which was more 'crafty' and IMO had better stalls and seemed more organised in the layout but was a little smaller than the Rathaus market but still had a great atmosphere.

I think we've probably (unintentionally) visited 6-8 markets and side spills; at all times of the day/afternoon/evening; and they've all been atmospheric. I don't think there would be a bad one to visit.
I was working in Vienna last Christmas, and loved the Rathausplatz market - it was so beautiful, atmospheric, and they had a choir performing when I was there for that extra Christmas cheer.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:22 am

This year, we're off to Hamburg for a couple of days as the CE flights were pretty much the cheapest of all the market destinations when we were looking (maybe not the best reason, but hey!).

Five Christmas markets, one of them a new one on us as it is a XXX market... "Everybody loves Christmas markets – the Reeperbahn, Hamburg’s mile of sin has created a more salacious version – SANTA PAULI. It’s all there, Christmas trees, mulled wine, the little booth where u buy things for your loved ones … but as well live music, angels in a strip tent and little things for the ones you love to love."
TedToToe likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by Lucanesque
This year, we're off to Hamburg for a couple of days as the CE flights were pretty much the cheapest of all the market destinations when we were looking (maybe not the best reason, but hey!).

Five Christmas markets, one of them a new one on us as it is a XXX market... "Everybody loves Christmas markets – the Reeperbahn, Hamburg’s mile of sin has created a more salacious version – SANTA PAULI. It’s all there, Christmas trees, mulled wine, the little booth where u buy things for your loved ones … but as well live music, angels in a strip tent and little things for the ones you love to love."
As it's Germany - and especially Hamburg - it's not seen as seedy, although its still XXX...It's really good fun - I'll be in there next Wednesday/Thursday as it's the one that's open latest! The stripping angels are heavenly

I'll also be taking clients to a few non-XXX ones, including the Rathausmarkt and the Weisser Zuaber at Jungfernstieg. When are you going?

@aks120 our paths may cross, I'm staying at the Grand Elysee, and flying home Fri 7th at 1850
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by TPRun
As it's Germany - and especially Hamburg - it's not seen as seedy, although its still XXX...It's really good fun - I'll be in there next Wednesday/Thursday as it's the one that's open latest! The stripping angels are heavenly

I'll also be taking clients to a few non-XXX ones, including the Rathausmarkt and the Weisser Zuaber at Jungfernstieg. When are you going?
We're off there for the weekend of the 14-16 December - really looking forward to it
SK and TPRun like this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: BAEC "I'm blue Da ba dee da ba di", Skywards Blue, Miles & More (very passive)
As a "Hamburger", I think I should give you this link: https://www.hamburg.com/explore/events/christmas/
The markets in Lübeck are also nice.
TedToToe and TPRun like this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by dagohh
As a "Hamburger", I think I should give you this link: https://www.hamburg.com/explore/events/christmas/
That's excellent, thank you very much - I'd not seen that one. Looks like WinterPride Market is just round the corner from where we're staying and open to midnight, so we'll be able to go there as soon as we get to the hotel ^
Old Nov 27, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by Lucanesque
That's excellent, thank you very much - I'd not seen that one. Looks like WinterPride Market is just round the corner from where we're staying and open to midnight, so we'll be able to go there as soon as we get to the hotel ^
thsts one I’ve not tried out, even having lived in Hamburg before! I have a lunch with a client 1 street away from there this Friday so I’ll definitely check it out too!
Old Nov 27, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by dagohh
Foolishly, I thought WinterDom was some how connected with the goings on at Santa Pauli!!
Lucanesque and TPRun like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.