Add person to already existing booking

Old Jul 27, 18, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Add person to already existing booking

I have an already existing booking for myself and one other to Milan and back later in the year.

Looks like a third person will be joining us, can I book a flight for them and add it to the existing booking or will their flight have to stand alone?

Thanks.
Old Jul 27, 18, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver / VS /IHG Spire & Ambassador
You can book the flight but It will have to be a standalone booking with it's own PNR.

If you are Gold you can ask BA for a 'To Complete Party' which would (depending on the cabin) allow them to be sat near you by requesting a particular seat.
Old Jul 27, 18, 6:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Gold
You can TCP the bookings irrespective of status. If you have Gold status then you can, as a totally separate benefit, request advance seat assignment for others as long as they are travelling in the same cabin.
TWCLAM likes this.
Old Jul 28, 18, 12:57 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Yes you dont need status for it to be done( Im new to BA and currently Blue). i've added someone to a booking ages ( months) after a booking was initially made. I just phoned BA up and asked them to complete party & they merged 'mini-clams' booking to Mrs Clam & I's. No charge no hassle no hoops and confirmed by email within a couple hours.
Old Jul 28, 18, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Thanks all for the info.
TWCLAM likes this.
Old Aug 1, 18, 4:39 am
Original Poster

Made the booking this morning whilst logged into my executive club account, used some of my Avios in part payment, paid with my credit card in my name.

Just called Customer Services to ask them to TCP to be told they can't unless the named passenger calls and requests them to as my name isn't showing anywhere on the booking.

Hey ho, BA IT wins again.
Old Aug 1, 18, 6:54 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
You need to get the named passenger to add you as a nominee.
Old Aug 1, 18, 7:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This is not an IT failure, but rather an IT success as it implements BA's data protection policies which predate GDRP.

The PNR and e-ticket information, which you reference as a "booking" are the passenger's, not yours and thus either the passenger communicates with BA or authorizes you, as a nominee, This could have been accomplished at the time you made the reservations and purchased the ticket.
Old Aug 1, 18, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by TWCLAM View Post
Yes you dont need status for it to be done( Im new to BA and currently Blue). i've added someone to a booking ages ( months) after a booking was initially made. I just phoned BA up and asked them to complete party & they merged 'mini-clams' booking to Mrs Clam & I's. No charge no hassle no hoops and confirmed by email within a couple hours.
I think for clarity sake i will point out the booking isnt merged. It still remains as two separate bookings but there is a note on each so BA know you are travelling together.

Merging implies you are taking two references and changing them to be under one ref and this isnt possible.
Old Aug 1, 18, 9:32 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TWCLAM View Post
TCP is usually done as a precursor to allocating seats across on to a separate booking as Scott Pilgrim seems to be doing - the seat allocation across bookings is a benefit for golds. What was the reason for doing it in your case?
Old Aug 1, 18, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
This is not an IT failure, but rather an IT success as it implements BA's data protection policies which predate GDRP.

The PNR and e-ticket information, which you reference as a "booking" are the passenger's, not yours and thus either the passenger communicates with BA or authorizes you, as a nominee, This could have been accomplished at the time you made the reservations and purchased the ticket.
I'm reasonably computer savvy, but I've no idea what box I failed to tick or whatever during the booking phase to accomplish this, it wasn't obvious. To me anyway. And I know the PNR and surname so could manage the booking, just can't do the most benign thing of indicating we're travelling together.

Anyway, ultimately it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.
Old Aug 1, 18, 10:38 am
mee

Can this TCP process be done for individual flights? Or only for complete bookings?
I am travelling outbound separately from my family, but with them on the inbound - I would like to have the return bookings connected to ensure seating together if possible.

-- Mike
Old Aug 1, 18, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver / VS /IHG Spire & Ambassador
Yes it can. The requirement is you are on the same flight rather than booking.

However seating with a TCP the seating benefit is only available if you are Gold.
Old Aug 1, 18, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Scott Pilgrim View Post
I'm reasonably computer savvy, but I've no idea what box I failed to tick or whatever during the booking phase to accomplish this, it wasn't obvious.
If you paid with your credit card, and you're named as the credit card holder on the e-ticket receipt, then you should be able to deal with the booking even if you're not a passenger on the booking. Because you paid for it, you're BA's customer and AIUI BA can then deal with you.

Check the e-ticket receipt. If all is as expected, I would call again. If the agent this time says the same thing, tell them that you paid for the ticket so you're the customer, and see if that does the trick.
Old Aug 1, 18, 12:18 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mee View Post
Can this TCP process be done for individual flights? Or only for complete bookings?
I am travelling outbound separately from my family, but with them on the inbound - I would like to have the return bookings connected to ensure seating together if possible.

-- Mike
you can TCP two bookings which involves noting each booking on the other. However, as noted by UKtravelbear doing seat allocation across bookings is a gold benefit. Doing TCP on it’s own is unlikely to have any effect on allocated seating for two separate bookings.

Last edited by KARFA; Aug 1, 18 at 12:26 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: