please add on the lounge all stars!
LHR T3:
CX F lounge
LHR T4:
QR lounge
LHR T5:
BA Concord lounge
CDG:
QR lounge - although I think you can only access it when actually flying QR in a premium cabin.
CX lounge
FRA:
T2 JAL Sakura lounge
Print Wikipost

Best oneworld lounges in Europe.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2018, 4:06 pm

I don’t understand why so many think the T3 CX lounge is so good. There is a noodle/snack bar but that’s in J not F. The F lounge is just nice and the cramped dining area serves basic food. It is pleasant but not as wonderful as many believe.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 4:23 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by Greenpen
I don’t understand why so many think the T3 CX lounge is so good. There is a noodle/snack bar but that’s in J not F. The F lounge is just nice and the cramped dining area serves basic food. It is pleasant but not as wonderful as many believe.
it’s the atmosphere and quality of the materials maybe. The whole lounge (both J & F as well as the showers and toilets) reeks of quality with glorious views, great furniture (love the wooden tables) and great seating (particularly the chairs along the windows). This all adds up to a very relaxing envionrment IMHO and makes the lounge feel extra special.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 12:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by Greenpen
One can hop over from the F lounge to the noodle bar in J.

Originally Posted by gliderpilot

it’s the atmosphere and quality of the materials maybe. The whole lounge (both J & F as well as the showers and toilets) reeks of quality with glorious views, great furniture (love the wooden tables) and great seating (particularly the chairs along the windows). This all adds up to a very relaxing envionrment IMHO and makes the lounge feel extra special.
This!
puqui99 and Gastrocnemius like this.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 1:31 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
I wouldn't put AY premium above the CCR, not by a long shot. Go in there when there are a lot of Asian flights an hour or so away from scheduled departure and it's a zoo. The food is generally reasonably good, but it's all self service. Wine is vaguely ok but nowt special.
Correct, how can the AY lounge possibly be ahead of the CCR?! There are no windows in the AY lounge, its often absolutely packed. The food and drink choices are limited. The CCR has a terrace, a very nice bar, table service and a restaurant, not to mention a very quiet 'business centre'. We can all debate its standing vs other genuine F class lounges round the world, e.g. QF F in SYD, The Wing/Pier in HKG, LH in FRA, SQ in SIN, but its absolutely a country mile ahead of AY in HEL.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 5:24 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by surryson
Correct, how can the AY lounge possibly be ahead of the CCR?! There are no windows in the AY lounge, its often absolutely packed. The food and drink choices are limited. The CCR has a terrace, a very nice bar, table service and a restaurant, not to mention a very quiet 'business centre'. We can all debate its standing vs other genuine F class lounges round the world, e.g. QF F in SYD, The Wing/Pier in HKG, LH in FRA, SQ in SIN, but its absolutely a country mile ahead of AY in HEL.
AY premium would be a nicer place to be if they stopped allowing OW Sapphire in. It's just too busy at times. I'm often in there to and from ICN. There are hot options that are served in a small dish and these are pleasant, but way down from CCR.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
In Europe, I would go in the following order:

Joint 1st: QR lounges at LHR and CDG (these are identical and I would say better than QRs DOH lounge - Al Mourjan). But entry is restricted.

2nd: BA CCR (has free flowing premium Champagne, sit down restaurant and decent bar). But entry is restricted.

3rd: CX F in T3. Sit down restaurant is nice. I also like the Baron de Rothschild bubbly.

4th: QF in T3. Pretty much same as CX lounge but an Aussie version let down by the fact you have to request the Champagne specifically otherwise they will fob you off with some sparkling wine instead.

5th: MH F T4 - underrated. Good cocktails with excellent Malaysian food offerings. Not many ways to get in other than flying MH and QR. If in QR J, you would go to the QR instead.

6th: Mad T4S sala Velasquez. Good space. Great views but a pain to get to u less you are flying from t4s.

7th: AA Flagship. Never been but guessing the refurbed lounge would sit here.

8th: GF in T5. It's not bad but extremely crowded. Free flowing bubbles help but overall lacks in the food department.

9th: GF in T3. Same as T5 but not as good lighting hence lower.

the eagle eyed amongst you have noticed that the majority are all in LHR. I can't think of any other station which has that many OW F flights hence so many F options at 1 airport.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by d3vski

Joint 1st: QR lounges at LHR and CDG (these are identical and I would say better than QRs DOH lounge - Al Mourjan). But entry is restricted.

2nd: BA CCR (has free flowing premium Champagne, sit down restaurant and decent bar). But entry is restricted.

3rd: CX F in T3. Sit down restaurant is nice. I also like the Baron de Rothschild bubbly.

4th: QF in T3. Pretty much same as CX lounge but an Aussie version let down by the fact you have to request the Champagne specifically otherwise they will fob you off with some sparkling wine instead.

5th: MH F T4 - underrated. Good cocktails with excellent Malaysian food offerings. Not many ways to get in other than flying MH and QR. If in QR J, you would go to the QR instead.

6th: Mad T4S sala Velasquez. Good space. Great views but a pain to get to u less you are flying from t4s.

8th: GF in T5. It's not bad but extremely crowded. Free flowing bubbles help but overall lacks in the food department.

the eagle eyed amongst you have noticed that the majority are all in LHR. I can't think of any other station which has that many OW F flights hence so many F options at 1 airport.
I would put QR CDG slightly ahead of LHR as the outside terraces there are glorious in summer, sitting there with a cocktail and a newspaper watching the air traffic is probably my favourite lounge experience. I would also put CX LHR J slightly ahead of GF and AA due to the manned bar / cocktails. Otherwise 100% agree with this order.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 12:01 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by d3vski

How can you place something that you haven't been in?
Old Jul 29, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
How can you place something that you haven't been in?
maybe because he's been in other AA Flagship lounges. JFK, MIA and LAX are all pretty similar in terms of food and drink and layout so the assumption is that the LHR AA Flagship lounge will be basically the same as the others when it opens later this year. Just my guess, but of course I can't read his mind.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 8:59 am

Gotta bump this up; The Platinum Wing in Helsinki is pretty high up on my list nowadays; Decent vintage champagne, a la carte at most times and a sauna.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 9:16 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by elventhor
Gotta bump this up; The Platinum Wing in Helsinki is pretty high up on my list nowadays; Decent vintage champagne, a la carte at most times and a sauna.
Come on, this is the BAEC forum ....... which Champage? which vintage? 😁
Old Jan 15, 2020, 10:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by krispy84
Come on, this is the BAEC forum ....... which Champage? which vintage? 😁
Old Jan 15, 2020, 10:16 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by florens
Close, but no cigar florens, one can’t see the year! Good champagne anyway IMO, has always punched above its weight compared to the better known Grand Marques.
florens likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 12:18 pm

Pretty sure it was 2008 last time.
Works quite well in a negroni sbagliato.
I also appreciate the Finnish long drink<tm> in cans as a drink for the sauna.

That said, the premium lounge is now also open, so no more sapphires in the Platinum Wing, OWE only.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 3:32 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by elventhor
That said, the premium lounge is now also open, so no more sapphires in the Platinum Wing, OWE only.
Not premium lounge, but AY business lounge. The premium lounge was the predecessor of the Plat Wing...

The refurbished business side is surprisingly good as well, btw.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.