LHR T5 lounge advice for first timers

Old Jul 27, 2018, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I don't think this will work. The lounge agents scan your guest's BP as you enter and I'm pretty sure the particular guest is logged, so that if you try and guest someone else in at another lounge within T5, it'll be a no.

I agree with Wong Jnr that I would just go straight to the B lounge, I prefer it to the T5A lounges.
Correct, there is a guest slot in FLY attached to the BP, and if it gets ticked on one entry then it will not allow another. An advantage of this is that the second BP is also scanned and can then be used to exit and re-enter a lounge should (for example) the bearer wish to pop out to a shop.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022
Assuming you can get access - the Lounge at the B gates is the best by far. Better views, more seats, in better nick and the same choices of food and drink. (if you ask for Champagne - you can get it!! And no queue for a bathroom!!
I always head to the B lounge first - but no showers! If your flight is from the C gates, there is a elevator which takes you back down to the shuttle - but only one platform and so you may have to miss one (on the wrong track to your platform) before getting the shuttle - so leave more time. I don't think an A380 can go from the A gates, but when I've been bused to my YYZ flight from the A gates, you have to walk back via a below groud passage which runs under the people mover. It's not a bad walk - just very lonely. If you decide to stay in the main terminal, the North Lounge is usually a tad quieter!
Old Jul 31, 2018, 4:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Sorry if this has already been asked. As a regular LGWer I am having to trek over to LHR to fly LHR to ABZ. (I'm can't even remember the last time I was in T5!!) As I am flying CE, (and don't want to look too lost) which lounge would be best to use for departures to ABZ?
Old Jul 31, 2018, 4:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Akoz
Sorry if this has already been asked. As a regular LGWer I am having to trek over to LHR to fly LHR to ABZ. (I'm can't even remember the last time I was in T5!!) As I am flying CE, (and don't want to look too lost) which lounge would be best to use for departures to ABZ?
Closest lounge will be the Galleries Club North one. Take Security North through the dedicated Fast Track entrance and you walk straight into the lounge. Gate is most likely going to one of the ones underneath the lounge so to get there you simply go down the escalator just outside the lounge and you are in the right place.

This lounge does seem to get really busy at times though.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 4:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Many thanks. Would about 7am Sunday be a busy time?
Old Jul 31, 2018, 5:02 am

Of the two lounges in T5A, I used to prefer the North lounge when I used Galleries. It may get a little busier, but it was always pretty quiet in my usual spot out on the terrace, which is the best place in the terminal for views of the apron & runway.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 5:45 am

Programs: BA executive club Gold, United milage plus Gold
In case, you can't get both of your guests into the BA lounges: Before getting silver status, I have used the Plaza Premium Lounge on the north side of the terminal 5a. Its not as fancy as the BA lounge but a great deal better than sitting in the open waiting area which can get very crowded indeed.
Old May 31, 2019, 5:21 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by Confus

Correct, there is a guest slot in FLY attached to the BP, and if it gets ticked on one entry then it will not allow another. An advantage of this is that the second BP is also scanned and can then be used to exit and re-enter a lounge should (for example) the bearer wish to pop out to a shop.
I was just going to ask this question re a guest. So is it still the position that the person I guest in can then come and go as they please with their boarding pass?
Old May 31, 2019, 5:25 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
I was just going to ask this question re a guest. So is it still the position that the person I guest in can then come and go as they please with their boarding pass?
Yes, however you are still the host, and if you have left the airport then your guest may be asked about this. But in principle, and certainly if you are also in the lounge, the guest can leave, do some shopping (etc) and return to the lounge.
Old May 31, 2019, 8:23 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, however you are still the host, and if you have left the airport then your guest may be asked about this. But in principle, and certainly if you are also in the lounge, the guest can leave, do some shopping (etc) and return to the lounge.
Thanks, we are on the same flight. My guest will be interested in the sops, I am happy to remain in the lounge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.