Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Weather Disruption at Heathrow - 27 July 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Weather Disruption at Heathrow - 27 July 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Schiehallion

Were you given a reason for the cancellation?
Nope. To be fair, I have not asked anyway because it is just a later same day flight.

I do need to find out because my wife and son were moved to Monday morning's LCY flight and they are overnighting at FRA (separate bookings). My wife suspects what CWS wrote above about being proactive. I'll sort the details with BA later. If not, I'll let her sort them out

H
Old Jul 29, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
This kind of situation brings home to me how good FT can be as a source of useful advice. I flew out with my family on Saturday morning from LHR but having read before on FT (especially from the fabulous ATC and Tower people who post) about how departures can leave the stand and then go and hide in a remote corner of LHR waiting for a slot, I endured that we packed sandwiches and bought drinks at the airport just in case. In the end we left the gate dead on time and then sat somewhere remote for an hour - but we were totally unstressed as the captain explained the weather situation and we had food. This preparation and knowledge was all due to the great advice provided here.

Plus the CSM and all the crew were top class throughout which makes a huge difference in any delay.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Hoch
Funny that as my FRA-LCY tomorrow evening has been cancelled but I am rebooked on the later FRA-LHR flight. So much for getting home early.

H
Is that the one that's now delayed over an hour. Getting back to LCY is much more convenient for me than LHR. But doubtless I'll survive.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Hoch
Nope. To be fair, I have not asked anyway because it is just a later same day flight.

I do need to find out because my wife and son were moved to Monday morning's LCY flight and they are overnighting at FRA (separate bookings). My wife suspects what CWS wrote above about being proactive. I'll sort the details with BA later. If not, I'll let her sort them out

H
I received a call from a member of the BA social media team (having tweeted them the question) and although not the clearest of answers it did indeed seem to be a proactive cancellation in anticipation of increasing delays. He went one stage further and confirmed it was EC261 eligible (I hadn’t asked) followed by a Direct Message confirming same.

I ended up on Aer Lingus via Dublin - so a bit of inconvenience, and I missed my Sunday stroll in the park with the dog. I don’t feel overly guilty about the €125 claim on this occasion....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.