Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Avios not pricing out as off-peak on Aer Lingus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2018, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Need some help here. I thought that BA was using the Aer Lingus award chart for flights on Aer Lingus. I'm looking at flying the third week in April, which is an off-peak period, from DUB to PHL. According to the EL chart, that should price out at 13,000 avios. But when I called BA two different times, each agent said it was coming up as 20,000 avios in their system. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Old Jul 25, 2018, 12:19 pm

EI booked through BAEC is always at the peak rate, along with all other BAEC partners. The only exception is IB. [Edit: On checking HeadforPoints, apparently EI off-peak is bookable through BAEC, but the EI calendar applies so that's the reason for your problem, i.e. 3rd week of April is off-peak on BA but peak on EI.]

You can also book online using avios.com before it closes (example below) or through the AerClub site. Not sure if you'll be able to transfer your avios over to either of those yet though if you don't have an account yet. The YQ also seems to vary. Screenshots below from avios.com confirm that 3rd week April is pricing up as peak.

Last edited by Ldnn1; Jul 25, 2018 at 12:32 pm
Old Jul 25, 2018, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by AnthonyGT
Need some help here. I thought that BA was using the Aer Lingus award chart for flights on Aer Lingus. I'm looking at flying the third week in April, which is an off-peak period, from DUB to PHL. According to the EL chart, that should price out at 13,000 avios. But when I called BA two different times, each agent said it was coming up as 20,000 avios in their system. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
3rd week in April is peak for EI. See HFP https://www.headforpoints.com/2018/0...calendar-2019/ It has changed form 2018.

I believe that booking EI using BA call centre does give you EIs peak and off peak calendar just in this case the flights for EI are during a peak time.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Thank you both! I was still using the 2018 chart as my reference point.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Grrrr. The BA calendar has early July as off peak but the EI one is peak. Sounds like if award calculation for peak/off is determined by the carrier not the booker.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.