Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR - SIN, BA or QF?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2018, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by mjack99
I feel just a little bit guilty about using it on a BA ticket though.
Why?

You are using a better lounge that you are fully entitled to use.
Diver Boy likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. Just booked BA15 instead as BA11 is not available to redeem although today being the first day open for redemption, which is very annoying as I can see there are plenty of availability on BA11 on all the Wednesdays up to like 5/6 weeks prior to my flight. Will keep an eye whether it will open up but I am not holding my breathe. QF2 as expected is not available to redeem.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 11:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mrdex
Thanks everyone. Just booked BA15 instead as BA11 is not available to redeem although today being the first day open for redemption, which is very annoying as I can see there are plenty of availability on BA11 on all the Wednesdays up to like 5/6 weeks prior to my flight. Will keep an eye whether it will open up but I am not holding my breathe. QF2 as expected is not available to redeem.
I'm sure you are aware that the BA15 is a 777 so F is quite different to the A380... just pointing it out in case.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyingmonkie
I'm sure you are aware that the BA15 is a 777 so F is quite different to the A380... just pointing it out in case.
Yes I do aware it's a 777 but like others point out I should get whatever available - which I glad I did as when I check it just now all F seats on that day are now gone. Just gonna check it every day and see if BA11 (or QF2) would have a seat open up.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Would like to report back that a single seat in F on BA11opened up when I did my routine check on availability and wasted no time to call and successfully have my flight changed. Very happy.
Lucanesque likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Bumping this thread as I was going to ask a similar comparison question, but this about whether it's worth a bit extra cash on a revenue booking.

I'm going over there for a conference in January, looking at F I thought it would just be BA but then saw QF come up on Google Flights. I'd like to try QF F if I can (never flown QF before, seems to get good reviews, and have done BA F several times)

Is there anyone who's flown this route, is it worth the extra in your opinion?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:38 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
How much extra are we talking to fly QF?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by Mike P
How much extra are we talking to fly QF?
I over-edited my post and stripped out the actual detail - Doh!

BA11/12 - £3,859.01
QF2/1 - £4,901.40

I'm wondering if the BA fare is a sale one, I've paid much more than than just for CW on that route! Also, Google Flights / ITA Matrix shows BA as £8.5k!
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
£1,000 is still a significant difference in my book. I like QF F better than BA F, but neither would be "top league" so if it were me I'd probably go for the cheaper option - this is indeed quite a good price for F.
rossmacd and Lucanesque like this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:58 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
I'd be very happy in BA F for that price.
Lucanesque likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:51 am

Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, CCR; Marriott PFL, Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
I would agree that 1000 GBP is not worth the difference. I would also agree its a good price. I just paid a bit more than that for a US West Coast trip.
Lucanesque likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:57 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Lucanesque
I over-edited my post and stripped out the actual detail - Doh!

BA11/12 - £3,859.01
QF2/1 - £4,901.40

I'm wondering if the BA fare is a sale one, I've paid much more than than just for CW on that route! Also, Google Flights / ITA Matrix shows BA as £8.5k!
I thought it would be one-way because it sounds ridiculously cheap for both BA and QF. I normally pay between £8k and £10k on any airline for F between Europe and Australia (unless using a GUF on BA).

Definitely take either of those fares if they are indeed bookable.
Lucanesque likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I thought it would be one-way because it sounds ridiculously cheap for both BA and QF. I normally pay between £8k and £10k on any airline for F between Europe and Australia (unless using a GUF on BA).

Definitely take either of those fares if they are indeed bookable.
Thanks for the feedback. It seemed really cheap to me too, last time I flew CW to Singapore it was £4.5k on BA, so a sub £4k First seems like the start of the sale! Definitely seems to be bookable via Expedia (odd that they are cheaper than the QF site):
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
£1,000 is still a significant difference in my book. I like QF F better than BA F, but neither would be "top league" so if it were me I'd probably go for the cheaper option - this is indeed quite a good price for F.
Originally Posted by Mike P
I'd be very happy in BA F for that price.
Originally Posted by mjack99
I would agree that 1000 GBP is not worth the difference. I would also agree its a good price. I just paid a bit more than that for a US West Coast trip.
You all make good points - I think I need to attempt to be sensible and not be swayed by stuff like more space, better food, the chauffeur drive etc etc. BA First at that price is a relative bargain
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
Having flown QF F recently, I found the food very poor and a real disappointment from when I flew it a couple of years ago, the drink selection (except the Champagne) was the same as in J as well (as I'd flown that in the same month). The seat is good, but also found the IFE poor.

Having flown back from SIN in the BA A380 in F a few months before, it's one of the rare occaisions where I can say I genuinely preferred BA
Lucanesque likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.