Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to award ticket

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2018, 12:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA executive club, AAdvantage
Changes to award ticket

Hi... was wondering if someone can tell me if BA has same policy for award tix as AA? I have tix from lax -Adelaide via Mel that I got at beginning of June for the end of dec.Was one of last award tix available at the time. Since then, new seats have been released for same date, but shorter layover time. Can I call BA executive club and ask to change flights w/o a fee? AA policy was to change award tix as long as destination and date the same.
thanks for your help.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by happytravelskh
Can I call BA executive club and ask to change flights w/o a fee?
fees for Avios booking changes are covered in section 04 here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29235580-post2.html
Old Jul 25, 2018, 12:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA executive club, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by caz312
fees for Avios booking changes are covered in section 04 here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29235580-post2.html
Thank you.
What I'm getting from above link is the a)change will have to be $55+25 usd for change + offline fee ( I don't see any way to do change online).
b) I see the same new one way qf flights lax-Adelaide on aa.com for same taxes, less miles bc milessaver at 40k aa miles v. 54,500 avios. So likely no brainer to just go on pure cancellation/redeposit fee of $55 usd and book through AAmiles?
C)Is there a way to cancel online so only fee is $55 or will I need offline/live assistance that will tack on 25$ usd offline charge so cost is $80 change OR cancellation fee? Not just $55 redeposit fee for cancellation.

Am I getting all this correct or messing something up?
Do I have to cancel current tix before actually purchasing new AA award for same date,different qf flights? Will carrier qf accept new booking through aa if they register I have other flight on same date still ticketed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.