Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4 months, no refund yet

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

4 months, no refund yet

Following a cancellation and diversion in March due to the snow, I incurred some costs and filed a claim. BA came back to me and agreed to the refund and asked me to upload a letter of consent from my partner to claim on her behalf. The link they provided was the original claim form and there was no where to append said letter. I have stated this to them five times now since April and they have replied only once with a carbon copy of the first reply. But I've not had a reply from them since May.

How can I best escalate this?
Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:52 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Are you in a position to fax the letter or snail mail the consent letter in? I suspect it will be less stressful to do this in the first instance.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Unfortunately not. But are these wait times normal with BA?
Old Jul 26, 2018, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by dingobingo
How can I best escalate this?
Pick up the phone and agree how you can provide what they need?
Old Jul 26, 2018, 12:52 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Are you in a position to fax the letter or snail mail the consent letter in? I suspect it will be less stressful to do this in the first instance.
Originally Posted by simons1
Pick up the phone and agree how you can provide what they need?
I'm struggling to think of circumstances where it's not possible to post in a consent letter, however there are ways to send a PDF via faxination software using online websites. It may cost Ł1 or two. But if you wait, you may wait forever, hence simons1's suggestion is going to be your only other option - call in rather than wait.

That said, if your partner simply makes a claim under his or her own steam just for their own items - using the ba.com/helpme link - then you bypass the consent issue.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 2:24 am

Send a DM on twitter and ask them to call you

they should be able to assist
dingobingo likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 6:23 am

So they want a consent form, and you are unable (or unwilling) to email or post it.

The wait time is frankly as long or short as you want to make it. BA will be happy not to pay, so the next move is yours.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 7:51 am
Original Poster

They specifically asked me to upload it twice and I've been asking where to upload it for three months with no reply. They never mentioned the option to email or post nor provided an email address or postal address to do so. I'm trying to follow their process
Old Jul 26, 2018, 8:22 am

They specifically asked me to upload it twice and I've been asking where to upload it for three months with no reply. They never mentioned the option to email or post nor provided an email address or postal address to do so. I'm trying to follow their process
I wouldn't bother trying to follow their process, there isn't someone eagerly pursuing your case, and BA's shareholders are doubtless grateful to you for extending a small line of interest-free credit to the airline. Postal address and fax is on BA.com but here it is, just make a clear area around the incident number, write that extra clearly and the scanning technology will add it to your file. Then ring a few days after that, the agent will then see all the paperwork and do the needful. Given a choice, I would fax. There is an email address out there, but you best use it only if it has been specifically communicated.

+44 17 8788 3195

British Airways
Customer Relations (S506)
PO Box 1126
Uxbridge
UB8 9XS
United Kingdom
Old Jul 26, 2018, 8:51 am

Following a cancellation and diversion in March due to the snow, I incurred some costs and filed a claim. BA came back to me and agreed to the refund and asked me to upload a letter of consent from my partner to claim on her behalf.
Hope you get a refund asap.

Last edited by hsumh316; Jul 26, 2018 at 9:04 am Reason: was thinking the wrong thing
Old Jul 26, 2018, 8:54 am

Well if I really wanted the money, and I couldn't upload it, I would call for an alternative.

As CWS says BA won't have someone sitting with your file on the desk and they would be quite happy to keep ignoring you and never pay out.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
My refund a few years ago took more than 6 months and it was just for a downgrade. I had to call them many times and they were finding all sorts of excuses. You have to keep calling them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.