Travel to BNE

Old Jul 24, 2018, 12:47 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Might depend on the origin. Just took at arn/doh/per/bne which was the same price (+/-taxes) as syd or Mel. Flight from Perth was a terrible red eye and 3.5 hours so would not recommend it in Y.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:59 am

I'm doing OSL-LHR-HKG-SYD-BNE this week - 2,460 GBP
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 3:30 am

Just booked QR in J on a OSL-DOH-PER-BNE, then returning MEL-ARN. total was Ł2100 and it was just after Xmas so there may be some dates after NY where you can get a similar price. For the extra few hundred the difference will be huge and I can testify - I fly every year to Oz and always do it in Y. The last leg of PER-BNE is on a QF with flat bed seats, as subject2load mentioned. It's a shorter flight but still overnight and so a few hours rest will help.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 5:53 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by ozflygirl747
Wonder if QR offer domestic legs within Australia on QF when they don't fly to that port? Ex BNE plenty of pax book direct through QR and fly to SYD, MEL, ADL or PER on QF then on QR ex those cities.
QR does offer connections onto flights within Australia but I haven't seen any in the €1,500 price range. Usually, they are quite a bit more expensive.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Stez does BNE quite often, departing NCL. I expected to see him post here!
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: BA gold
Originally Posted by T8191
Stez does BNE quite often, departing NCL. I expected to see him post here!
Thanks for the page Uncle T.

Can't really add more to the above about EK/QF for TPs/Avios and ex-OSL/HEL/ARN travels in premium classes for generally the best prices, and sometimes QR too... but I don't know much about DUB departures so my thoughts below are based on NCL/LHR departures.

Random thoughts...

If money is king, then Emirates are usually (but not always) the cheapest over OW. SIN-BNE on QF tends to price quite a bit more than SIN-SYD-BNE. If doing the latter, you'll have to pick up luggage and recheck after quarantine/customs. I've seen low Etihad prices too, but never flown them and colleagues aren't impressed witht their Y hard product. If you really want the cheapest of the cheapest... China Southern (I've heard stories).

Avoid travelling during UK/Oz school holidays - prices, loads and lots of kids in Y.

Break up the BA15/16 flights if you want to optimise TP/Avios earnings.

Travelling via HKG is the nicest way to go. There was a period when CX's service to/from BNE included a stopoever in CNS (Cairns) on some days of the week - not sure if that's still continuing.

Look out for the QF's non-stop LHR-PER service - 18+ hrs flights - prices have been comparable to a BNE-SYD-SIN-LHR routing at times. This may be a good or bad option depending on your preferences. I'd probably consider returning back to UK that way, but not to Oz due to having to re-check bags with another 5-6 hours to go to BNE from PER.

I find an early morning arrival into east coast Australia best - stay up as long as you can all day and get an early night in. Arrivals into Oz at night seems to kill me, but everyone's jetlag varies (even mine varies too), so YMMV.

Last edited by Stez; Jul 25, 2018 at 1:38 am Reason: Edited: add China Southern...
Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Thank you all for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated. So many options!
Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Alan Nevin
Thank you all for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated. So many options!
And if you start looking an non Oneworld airlines a lot more options. And may cost less and/or have a better schedule.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Hi All,

I saw a good fare today to BNE on last minute.com but it has not priced. Why would that be the case? Next fare is €600 more!

Thank you
Old Aug 4, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
Might depend on the origin. Just took at arn/doh/per/bne which was the same price (+/-taxes) as syd or Mel. Flight from Perth was a terrible red eye and 3.5 hours so would not recommend it in Y.
Ok, do this quite a Bit - Some good advice upthread .,

Must you leave from DUB?

CX doing some good options ex MAN and well the best option for easy?

Geeze - the world is your oyster! I would - MAN - DXB _ BNE EX (all QF code share = BIG TP POINTS) all in esp First if not may be CX. BIZ via HKG

chauffeur etc... on the code share amazing..
Old Aug 4, 2018, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Hi guys.

Sorry I should have been clearer. I live in Dub but can depart from any European city really if savings are to be made. Looking at travel any time in January for approx 7 nights. Max budget €2k.

thank you

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.