Stuck in LUX

Old Jul 22, 18, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Stuck in LUX

long time lurker first time poster here. My flight ba0419 from lux to lhr has been delayed until 00:03 tomorrow morning. I believe the Heathrow curfew kicks in at 23:30, do we have any chance of landing tonight?
Old Jul 22, 18, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
It wouldn’t be scheduled to leave then if it couldn’t land, it sounds like BA are using one of their night slots, many think that LHR closes overnight but it does not.
makeitthisfar and Calum like this.
Old Jul 22, 18, 1:14 pm

Don't forget to claim EU261 (250€ most probably in your case) if the arrival is more than 2hrs late (and it's not weather related) - right now seems to be 2hrs15min delayed..
Old Jul 22, 18, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think it will work out to be less than 2 hours late arrival at LHR.
Old Jul 22, 18, 1:20 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Deleted

Last edited by andset1191; May 23, 20 at 7:34 am
Old Jul 22, 18, 1:21 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This would be quite a tedious experience at a small airport with few facilities to keep one amused. It's the 21:30, currently showing a departure from Findel at 23:45 CET arriving to LHR T3 at 23:57 (STA was 21:50).

I would be thinking of plan B (e.g. scanning your hotel apps to see what is available) but I suspect this one will operate so long as it doesn't pick up any further delays. Your big clue will be if the outbound BA418 leaves at 20:45 or earlier. The aircraft, G-EUYX seems to have picked up a long delay on the previous sectors to and notably from LYS. I'm going to guess that was due to overloaded air traffic controls plus bad weather south of Paris.

[For an operating flight, the delay needs to be 3 hours before EC261 Article 7 applies].

Welcome to Flyertalk Thepi, sorry to hear of your troubles, and I hope we hear more from you in the future. Welcome to the BA forum.
Old Jul 22, 18, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All aboard, it should be leaving soon.
Old Jul 22, 18, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by andset1191 View Post

I thought for delays it was 3 hours?
You're right of course.

He's due duty of care (since scheduled departure is >2hrs), which means a voucher for a café (and a free phone call ), but the financial compensation won't be due if they get him to London with less than 3hrs delay. My bad.
Old Jul 22, 18, 2:17 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It's already approaching Charleroi, so the current status is departing Findel at 23:34 and I think they should be able to shave a few minutes off that. So looking good for a return to Heathrow around 23:40 I would guess.
Old Jul 22, 18, 2:21 pm

Programs: BAEC
This is very annoying - I wouldn't have minded so much if it was an earlier flight, but I probably wasn't getting home until 2330 anyway and now a 1hr45 delay.

Typically half the plugs on the charging station at the gate don't work - so just watching the time, and it goes so slowly when you do that!
Old Jul 22, 18, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver / VS /IHG Spire & Ambassador
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
You're right of course.

He's due duty of care (since scheduled departure is >2hrs), which means a voucher for a café (and a free phone call ), but the financial compensation won't be due if they get him to London with less than 3hrs delay. My bad.
It does not mean a voucher for a cafe though in most cases it can. If an airline can provide something like sandwiches or pizza and supply potable water to drink then it has met the obligation.

Ad it is hard to judge when it's a creeping and variable delay and there is a provision in EU261 not to give it if it can affect the further operation of the flight - you don't want dozens of people vanishing from the gate area and possibly further delaying the flight

See para 18 of the actual regulation

Care for passengers awaiting an alternative or a delayed flight may be limited or declined if the provision of the care would itself cause further delay
Old Jul 22, 18, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by LeadUKSouth View Post
This is very annoying - I wouldn't have minded so much if it was an earlier flight, but I probably wasn't getting home until 2330 anyway and now a 1hr45 delay.

Typically half the plugs on the charging station at the gate don't work - so just watching the time, and it goes so slowly when you do that!
So two new Flyertalkers on one flight, one more and it's a Do! Welcome to Flyertalk LeadUKSouth, welcome to the BA forum, and I hope this tedious exercise is coming to a rapid end since I reckon the aircraft is pulling up to the gate now. I hope we will see more of both of you in the future, and indeed in happier circumstances.
Old Jul 22, 18, 2:47 pm

Programs: A3*G, Etihad Gold, Alitalia Freccia Alata Club, BA Silver, Club Carlson Gold
In LUX too. The bird has landed :-)
Old Jul 22, 18, 4:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
On approach now & should land soon.
Old Jul 22, 18, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum Thnks to FT
Hmmmm was there a Mini Do in LUX that was top secret? Hope everyone completes their onward journeys soon.
steveuk and 07L 25R like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: