Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 22, 2018, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
BA lounges at Toronto Pearson

Terminal 3 departures, near Gate C30. Entrance location shown on the map below:

Overview
  • Dedicated BA lounge space reopened in June 2018. Now managed by Plaza Premium
  • Normal BA access rules apply. No avenues for entry via Priority Pass/Dragonpass or cash booking
    Further road testing may be needed to ascertain if this can be treated as a oneworld lounge
  • Preflight dining available in the business class section, accessible to all guests (for now)
  • Small dining room located in the First section available to First ticket holders
  • No showers but guests may use the shower facilities belonging to the Plaza Premium lounge next door
Print Wikipost

Toronto YYZ British Airways Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2019, 6:58 pm

Programs: AC SE100k
So... my family and I are flying BA98 tonight in J... but I’m writing this post from the Air France lounge. This is the first time in a year flying on BA out of YYZ, and the new lounge is a disaster. Took forever to get admitted into the lounge, and once we were in, about 2 hrs before our flight, the J section of the lounge was so small and so crowded that we couldn’t find seating for the 4 of us. We sat on bar stools, ate our dinner, and then remembered that we have Priority Pass memberships through Amex, and moved next door to the far more comfortable Air France KLM lounge. What a joke! And what a pity, too — the check-in experience was actually very good, to be completely let down by the lounge experience. Let’s see what the in-flight experience is like.

I haven't flown this route in a year as I’ve put my money where my mouth is and moved all my revenue flights to AC out of YYZ. I now feel really good about that decision — AC’s Signature Suite is so much better than the train-wreck of a lounge that BA offers here, that it’s shocking that the J fares are usually the same. I’m thankful that there is (some) competition on this route!

Priority Pass saves the day! :-)
Old Jun 16, 2019, 1:39 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
So the “new” lounge, is this the temp one opposite the lift of the refurbished old lounge?
Old Jun 16, 2019, 1:29 pm

This is the one in the same space as the old BA Galleries lounge. Everything looked brand-new, including the massive waste of space that is the manned bar. I can’t believe that they went to all the cost and effort to fully renovate the lounge, and it’s already significantly too small for the number of BA passengers it needs to serve. I get that BA has outsourced this lounge, but they should contract with a lounge big enough (like the Air France one!). It’s unacceptable to show up 2 hrs before a flight at an outstation that only has 2-3 flights a day and to not have sufficient seating for ticketed J passengers!

Crampedin13A likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 4:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Wait until you return. While the new large amount of passport scanning kiosks (that actually seem to work) right at the end of the C pier is an improvement GTAA has done the seemingly impossible by making the incredibly long walk to the immigration hall even longer . You basically end up walking around to the transborder pier to then get the escalators down. I'm hoping this is temporary
Old Jun 18, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Currently sitting in the first class BA lounge at Toronto operated by premium plaza
nice spacious area nice food, good service, good views not much to dislike about it at all, but I do still prefer the old BA First -not sure why they changed it really
Old Jun 19, 2019, 1:01 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
While the new large amount of passport scanning kiosks (that actually seem to work) right at the end of the C pier is an improvement
I can only guess how bad it used to be then - in May it took me an hour to clear immigration, where it was massive chaos with hardly any staff in sight, no directions, people waiting in what was effectively a crowd, and loads of machines breaking during the process. By far my worst experience of immigration in quite some time...

Now for the lounge itself, on my way back, I had the same experience as many others - there isn't nearly enough seating for the passengers that BA is carrying (and keep in mind my flight to LGW was half empty, and still the lounge was heaving).
Old Jun 21, 2019, 12:24 am

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
I was in this lounge about a week ago. It is a disappointment for a place that was supposedly being renovated for a long time. There are weird wastes of space. What's up with that coffee counter facing the other way from the bar? It looks dark and cramped. Not surprisingly nobody was sitting there even though the rest of the lounge was full. The bar and eating area seem a bit oversized compared to the sitting area. So even if only one flight's worth of passengers are in the lounge, the business passengers plus elite status people will overfill it. I didn't go to the first class side but one poster said it looks good. But the business side is a disappointment. There are showers which are fairly nice. But again the arrangement of bathrooms seems in two different areas seems like a waste of space.

I didn't ask if other Oneworld premium and status passengers could access the lounge. But based on how BA is elsewhere in North America, and based on the already crowded lounge, it's obvious that they will be reluctant to admit OW people. I guess it's only Cathay Pacific in that part of the terminal anyway.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 6:47 pm

I'm flying CW a week today (Friday) - wondering if the old BA lounge has been reopened - from what I can read it is. But has the food changed? In Plaza it was terrible - if it's the same food then my sleeper service dinner is pretty much wasted.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I will be in Toronto at the end of September and will see what the lounge situation is like ( travelling in F thanks to the recent sale- GBP 1500 in F return fronm EDI)
I better remember to take my priority pass card to access the Air France lounge just in case the BA/ Plaza Premium lounge has issues.

Regards

TBS
SuperCargo and aidy like this.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: Meh
Any update on this lounge?
Old Sep 24, 2019, 3:39 pm

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I will be in Toronto at the end of September and will see what the lounge situation is like ( travelling in F thanks to the recent sale- GBP 1500 in F return fronm EDI)
I better remember to take my priority pass card to access the Air France lounge just in case the BA/ Plaza Premium lounge has issues.

Regards

TBS
Does the. Priority Pass membership get us into the AF lounge near the BA Lounge and what’s it like because the BA lounge is absolutely rubbish (unless you are in F with table
service) which is still rubbish. Lol
Old Sep 24, 2019, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by aircrashsurvivor
Does the. Priority Pass membership get us into the AF lounge near the BA Lounge and what’s it like because the BA lounge is absolutely rubbish (unless you are in F with table
service) which is still rubbish. Lol
Yes — I had to use the AF lounge when I couldn’t get enough seats in the BA lounge this summer. No problem getting in with Priority Pass.
aircrashsurvivor likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Visit report 29th Sept

Hi,

My mother and I were in F on the BA 92 last night and used the lounge ( arrived at around 4pm- slightly later than planned due to traffic congestion around the Toronto Rogers stadium,

We were invited to use First /Gold lounge to the right of reception. It has maybe 7 or 8 2 seater tables by the windows and other seats in the area. As you come in there are are various cabinets with small appetisers and desserts ( small square cheese cakes and macaroons) with jars of pretzels and biscuits. Service was pretty good. Free wifi was ok for browsing

There are menus on the table ( choice of 2 starters, 3 main courses and a desert). We had the spicy watermelon gazpacho soup. the duck ( good but we had ordered the cod instead) and skipped the dessert. ( the dining menu can be ordered at any time)

By 5pm the seats were virtually all taken ( so we moved our bags from our sitting chairs to beside us in the dining chairs (limited storage space) and the dining room staff were very busy so service at that time might be a bit slow

There is a small washroom by the entrance to the lounge (larger washrooms in the business lounge). I paid a quick walk through to the business lounge and it looked equally busy but with a reasonable buffet selection.

The AF/KLM lounge looked busy but appeared to be ok.

Also there are no stairs to the departure area just 2 lifts so if you leave it to just before boarding them you might have a wait for the next elevator .

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 25, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
“New” refurbishment of “old” BA lounge or Plaza premium

Was in the YYZ lounge in May it’s was rubbish for CW as in very little seating and only tables to eat at were for F or
Gold. Has this now been moved back to the old BA space and even if run by PP is it roughly the same set up as years past. We are travelling this weekend and so would like to know if we should eat before getting there or chance dinner at the lounge no F service on this route that we could book so only CW
many Thanks. I read TBS report but they were F
Old Oct 25, 2019, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aircrashsurvivor
Was in the YYZ lounge in May it’s was rubbish for CW as in very little seating and only tables to eat at were for F or
Gold. Has this now been moved back to the old BA space and even if run by PP is it roughly the same set up as years past. We are travelling this weekend and so would like to know if we should eat before getting there or chance dinner at the lounge no F service on this route that we could book so only CW
many Thanks. I read TBS report but they were F

Hi,

I had a quick glance in the business section and it looked like an ok buffet selection with several hot options also. Probably for a proper meal you might want to eat before getting to the airport.

Regards

TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.