Toronto YYZ British Airways Lounges

Hide Wikipost
Old May 27, 19, 7:31 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Wiki Link
BA lounges at Toronto Pearson

Terminal 3 departures, near Gate C30. Entrance location shown on the map below:

Overview
  • BA lounges reopened in June 2018. Now managed by Plaza Premium
  • Normal BA access rules apply. No avenues for entry via Priority Pass/Dragonpass or cash booking
    Further road testing may be needed to ascertain if this can be treated as a oneworld lounge
  • Preflight dining available in the business class section, accessible to all guests (for now)
  • Small dining room located in the First section available to First ticket holders
  • No showers but guests may use the shower facilities belonging to the Plaza Premium lounge next door
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 23, 18, 7:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold/SPG Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
BA seems to be moving away from the Canadian market to concentrate on flying to secondary US markets with no direct to LHR competition now. Having no OneWorld partner in Canada for domestic transfers makes a place like YYZ strictly O and D for premium traffic with a lot of competition for the low yield stuff and other airlines have taken their South East Asia traffic away. Considering the prices they and AC can charge for business fares originating in YYZ they are either just complacent or don’t care about the route any more. I think BA’s main focus is the YVR route these days
aircrashsurvivor likes this.

Last edited by Crampedin13A; Nov 23, 18 at 7:55 pm
Old Nov 24, 18, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Crampedin13A View Post

Why didn’t they do the total renovation on the old lounge before re-opening it. What is BA doing with YYZ these days? I thought both 92/93 and 98/99 are still daily just the Gatwick flight suspended for the winter. Makes you wonder if they have just given up trying to compete with AC on this route
92/93 and 98/99 are both running on most days, but the last few weeks have been one flight a day only for some days (e.g. Monday and Friday this last week) - a 92/93 pair.
Old Nov 27, 18, 3:32 pm

Programs: BA Silver, VIPorter, VIA Preference: Privilège, Air Canada Aeroplan
Just in the 'new' temporary lounge now. So disappointing. No spirits, terrible drinks selection, barely enough seats. No signage to 'BA' lounge now, just Plaza Premium. Coupled with the barely adequate service in CW on my way out I'm really now thinking about switching alliance. They've now been mucking about with these lounges for over a year. I'd complain but past complaints get me nowhere apart from copy and paste replies. Just vent on twitter and here instead!
Old Nov 27, 18, 4:21 pm

How is Toronto a “small” market?
Old Nov 27, 18, 6:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold
It certainly seems an unloved one. I have just arrived in the new temporary lounge (or is it ‘old temporary’, or ‘new old temporary’, or ‘old new temporary’, I forget) which is thus far mercifully quiet, perhaps because the flight tonight is empty, at least in Club. I have been given a voucher for dining which I’m probably not going to use, and the drinks selection is, as referenced above, rather lacking; thankfulky I was able to snaffle the last glass of Jadot Macon.

The chopping and changing of lounges and aircraft (my original outbound and inbound flights were both cancelled) doesn’t seem to bode well for the long term health of the route unless, conversely, BA make sufficient profit from O&D that they don’t need to (even pretend to) care, despite the cabin tonight being half empty. Who knows?
Old Nov 27, 18, 8:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Update. I did partake of the dining options. They have a separate ‘a la carte’ area in which one can order off a menu. In the absence of a First cabin it appears to be GCH in Club set up, as opposed to F as I imagine it was intended.

Regardless of the dining room configuration I am quite happy to say that the food we were served was excellent. Much better than I recall in the old lounge. I had a beetroot salad and my husband a steak with radishes and brussels sprouts. Both were delicious. And the staff in the Premium-whatever-it-is lounge are very good.

Overall, then, if one is fortunate enough to be in Club with a Gold card it’s more than fine.

And now to the joys of the BA777
Old Jan 2, 19, 5:57 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Using the Lounge this evening and what a disappointment.
Post 8, we used 'the other' Lounge in July, nothing to complain about , great food and very attentive staff.
Came up in the lift tonight and couldn't even find the Lounge, no signage at all. Had to ask at Plaza Premium Lounge if this was for BA Travellers.
No First this on this flight, although there is a small Dining Area for First and Gold Card Holders.
Canteen like seating for other diners and rows of soft chairs, reminds me of a nursing home !!!
I was so looking forward to the Roast Beef mentioned by MPH1980, tonight's choice is Butter Chicken or Gnocchi with Pesto Sauce or Marinara sauce and some salads.
Very Disappointing .
Mundane Christmas Music and Christmas Carols on a loop.
Not at all inspiring, hope they move again soon.
I actually guested someone in here tonight and wish I hadn't mentioned the lovely experience we had in July.
So disappointed.

Last edited by sentosa; Jan 2, 19 at 6:11 pm
Old Jan 2, 19, 8:03 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Avis P+; Global Entry
Had the sam food and Christmas music on Monday night too
sentosa likes this.
Old Jan 9, 19, 3:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1MM
As far as I can see, there is no F on this route now. Does that mean that OWE can use the F dining?
Old Jan 9, 19, 10:30 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by jlsw7 View Post
As far as I can see, there is no F on this route now. Does that mean that OWE can use the F dining?
We flew from Toronto last week and there was no First on our flight, but I have another booking for April and there is First on that.
There was just a low barrier separating " First" Dining from the rest of the very small seated Dining Area.
There was a sign stating " Reserved for First and Gold Card Holders only," those few tables were set with cutlery, glasses and napkins.
I assume they had waiter service.
Sadly, nothing like the First Dining in the BA Lounge that is now closed.
Old Feb 9, 19, 11:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold..Flying around the world
Is this lounge open to CX J guests?
Old Feb 25, 19, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Passed through again this week. Will be my last trip ... possibly forever (sob) since I'm changing job.

Experienced the butter chicken since I was with my family and couldn't use the gold section (I was the only gold). Thought it was pretty good actually.

Did notice a sign at the back advertising the newly renovated (which was in turn newly renovated) BA lounge which would open. The entrance where to the old lounge is now completed boarded up and being demolished.

Images of the sign attached.

Old Feb 25, 19, 3:02 pm

I'm losing track of these renovation of new renovations moves in the last year. Does this mean the old BA run location is gone for good now? At least they didn't move back to the old lounge by C26 with the long trek to the C3x gates that BA uses
Old Feb 25, 19, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Crampedin13A View Post
I'm losing track of these renovation of new renovations moves in the last year. Does this mean the old BA run location is gone for good now? At least they didn't move back to the old lounge by C26 with the long trek to the C3x gates that BA uses
My understanding is that the old BA location is going to be the site of the new renovation shown in the picture.

If you look at the second image - I think that is the view from beside the windows in the old first/gold section looking through to the old club section. That is, if you imagine the first dining and the walls weren't there.
Crampedin13A likes this.
Old Feb 25, 19, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by MPH1980 View Post
My understanding is that the old BA location is going to be the site of the new renovation shown in the picture.

If you look at the second image - I think that is the view from beside the windows in the old first/gold section looking through to the old club section. That is, if you imagine the first dining and the walls weren't there.
Okay thanks. I'm through in a couple of weeks and will have a look around then

Search this Thread