Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 22, 2018, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
BA lounges at Toronto Pearson

Terminal 3 departures, near Gate C30. Entrance location shown on the map below:

Overview
  • Dedicated BA lounge space reopened in June 2018. Now managed by Plaza Premium
  • Normal BA access rules apply. No avenues for entry via Priority Pass/Dragonpass or cash booking
    Further road testing may be needed to ascertain if this can be treated as a oneworld lounge
  • Preflight dining available in the business class section, accessible to all guests (for now)
  • Small dining room located in the First section available to First ticket holders
  • No showers but guests may use the shower facilities belonging to the Plaza Premium lounge next door
Print Wikipost

Toronto YYZ British Airways Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Talking

Originally Posted by All She Wrote
I frequent this route and have always had fast track security when in First or Club
Glad you confirmed that,otherwise I might have thought the lovely Ontario wine had gone to my head
All She Wrote likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 4:04 am
Ziz

Programs: BA Silver
I've been able to use fast track as Silver even when not in Club/First.
aidy likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 4:41 am

Programs: BA Silver, VIPorter, VIA Preference: Privilège, Air Canada Aeroplan
Never had a problem using fast track at YYZ. The Amex fast lane sign clearly states that BA gold and silver are eligible.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

So - oh dear - it appears the lounge food doesn't rotate much. Or if it does - I've been very unlucky and got the same stuff twice. Exactly the same stuff.

This is just my second visit since the lounge moved back. Normally I'm in once a month, but BA's WTP pricing has forced me over to other airlines.

I got a few more photos. The food was, once again, Beef with Yorkshires, Roasted Mushrooms, Cauli Cheese and Mashed Potatoes with Butter. Bread and Butter pudding offered as a hot dessert with some 'cheesecake bites' and 'lemon squares' for those not partaking in that. No strawberries dipped in chocolate this time.

What I will say is that, while the beef failed to look appetising on the dish or the plate, it actually was pretty tender and tasty. The mash was much better tasting than last time (although very sloppy). The bread and butter pudding was also pretty good, but it needed the custard that came with it.

The lounge is pretty quiet right now thanks to the 98 being delayed for 2.5 hours. So I might try and get some more pictures too. Staff have confirmed they are here as long as we are - so the lounge won't close if the flight is further delayed.

Also worth noting there is more new furniture on the first/gold side. Some wingback type chairs in a rather colourful leaf print have appeared.

Better view of the dining area

Beef with mash/mushrooms

Pudding/Beef/Cauliflower Cheese
Old Sep 21, 2018, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by williamn78
Never had a problem using fast track at YYZ. The Amex fast lane sign clearly states that BA gold and silver are eligible.
the YYZ staff are poorly trained and you have to argue your way into fast track.

the lounge situation is terrible after losing a great galleries lounge.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by footballfanatic
the YYZ staff are poorly trained and you have to argue your way into fast track.

the lounge situation is terrible after losing a great galleries lounge.
And yet tonight I just showed the BP, said "BA Gold" and was waved passed.

Hard to describe the lounge as 'terrible' though. 'Worse' - sure. 'Awful' or 'Terrible'? No. Many worse places to spend a couple of hours.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 8:46 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022
The main issue here not being addressed, is that bean counters somewhere in BA put the lounge out to tender and the incumbent lost! Tony and the crew ran a good lounge, good food and an ok selection of beer. The outsourced winning bid of premium plaza is not great - the transition was handled badly, and the initial offering for club and first in the premium plaza lounge was truly awful, tacky and lacking any class. The food was akin to an "eat as much as u like buffet" with cheap wine and an awful choice of beer - ie lager, lager or lager.

It is good that the old lounge has re-opened, but I do wish they had sorted the loo's. The staff are friendly and the management manage by walking about. The furniture is new (about time), but the food choices are woeful, and the wine list / choice of beers is really poor. (at least the loud musak / elevator music is no more!)

Like another contributor who flies a mix of PE, club and first (really!!), when I'm in PE - the only advantage is that silvers can eat. However, the last year has been a cost cutting exercise which few could call successful, and merely demonstrates that the world's favourite airline is about the bottom line and not enhancing the customer experience. The only good thing to remain at BA at Toronto are the BA check in / gate crew who are great, funny and good at the job - lets hope they're not next!!

This was a cost cutting exercise and no amount of window dressing from BA can disguise this
Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

So I am wondering if the food in the buffet section EVER changes at all.

3rd time through in recent weeks and STILL beef/yorkshires/mash/mushrooms/cauli cheese/bread and butter pudding.

C'mon.
silverforumsurf likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 9:26 pm

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
I’m not sure PP has EVER changed the food in Toronto at any lounge EVER. LOL
silverforumsurf likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

So - for those of you keeping score. The OLD BA lounge is closed once more for renovation.

So everyone now seems to be in the 'gold' lounge that was open temporarily between the lounge renovation which has, itself, been renovated such that there's a coffee bar where you have to order, and a soda dispenser for soft drinks, along with all new furniture.

But with one flight a day at the moment - I guess it can take it.

Oh - and the buffet is STILL the same damn food.

Finally - spoke at the desk - they reckon the stricken 777 will be back in the sky in a few days.
Crampedin13A likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:58 pm

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
It’s surprising they are closing lounges now so close to Christmas! I’m not confident it won’t be open again before my flight on New Year’s Eve
Old Nov 23, 2018, 5:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Unhappy

Originally Posted by MPH1980
So - for those of you keeping score. The OLD BA lounge is closed once more for renovation.

But with one flight a day at the moment - I guess it can take it.
Why didn’t they do the total renovation on the old lounge before re-opening it. What is BA doing with YYZ these days? I thought both 92/93 and 98/99 are still daily just the Gatwick flight suspended for the winter. Makes you wonder if they have just given up trying to compete with AC on this route
Old Nov 23, 2018, 5:25 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022
I don't get this!

When I travelled in August, we were back in the old lounges (separate club and first) but with premium plaza and their roast beef menu. The lounger had been decorated and new furniture,
And now, it's closed again for refurblshment! I travelled back two weeks ago for my mum's birthday and was re-directed to the temp first class lounge which is way too small. No windows, and staff were short of everything due to the "temporary move".

I have no idea what BA and Premium Plaza are playing at - it's not a difficult task to complete and yet it seems hard work. Add the roast beef "special", the eclectic menu and drinks list and it just stinks of incompetence cost cutting. (sorry - enhancements)

And for the regulars, Silver and Gold can fast track security. (never had an issue) and the ground crew for BA remain the best I know - a really nice team who struggle currently with a c**p lounge and a very unreliable / cancelled service. One day, Toronto will return to it's former self of two on time flights a day, with first class, and a decent lounge - Happy Days!

And as an addendum, I flew in `from Ottawa this week and the 777 was still on the remote stand with no activity - thats 9 days since the incident which is a long time to be missing an airframe!
Crampedin13A likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 5:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Maybe they can put it back on a Gatwick route when it is fixed. It still has the oldest IFE type in CW so I guess all they did was densify it and stick it on YYZ. Like you say everything on the route just seems to reflect the worst of BA’s penny pinching.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 7:11 pm

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
I’m running out of patience for this route to be honest. I’ve got 3 segments booked in the next year. A one way reward flight in CW to Gatwick in May (meeting a daughter flying in from MCO so the LGW flight worked out perfectly timing wise to meet her arrival same time and a paid CW in a 3 class 787 for Nov as no F available but it’s cancellable. I’ve booked two R/T’s from LHR on AC paid and I’m giving them a trial.....if things don’t improve on BA it might be the end of BA for me out of YYZ and I’ve got 7 figures worth of avios: but using them on NA routes is becoming a hassle and with the lounge mess, and it used to be the best outstation lounge I’ve ever been in with BA, the constant change in planes, lack of F it’s a shame
I just don’t see it as a route they really have any interest in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.