Wiki Posts
Search

Farewell 767s. Thanks for the memories

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2018, 11:22 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by TedToToe

Indeed, they are, but only certified on GE or P&W examples, I believe.
This is true, the RR RB211 is somewhat heaver than the GE and PW counterparts so some structural loading issues to certify winglets. Given only BA ever ordered RR powered 767's (save for 2-3 frames from a Chinese airline) the cost of certification was never worth it.
Great_circle likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 3:19 am

Programs: BA, EI, IB, Hilton Honors
Is the new final flight date known? Was due to be the 25th Nov but that has apparently been put back.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 3:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Trent900
Is the new final flight date known? Was due to be the 25th Nov but that has apparently been put back.
It is still showing as 25 November. Where have you heard it has been put back?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
I'm sure the BA bean counters have their reasons (profitability) but I cannot see the need to rush these birds in to retirement.

They still have another 10 years + life in them.

They'll almost certainly be fully depreciated on BAs books.

They have much better cargo capacity than the Airbus narrow bodies.

I am biased. I love the 767, hence why I started the thread. A lick of paint, refresh the interiors and they'll be good for another few years on the longer European routes.

If I have to do a 3+ hour short haul flight, I know which I'd rather be on, given the choice.
Great_circle likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 1:03 am

Programs: ba exec club
767 Farewell

Hi all

I know there was a thread about this previously but to clarify... when are the last scheduled 767 flights?

Is BA/any FT-ers doing anything to mark the occasion!

I know she was an old bird but for those of us from EDI she was a staple of the route! When is the last EDI rotation do we know?

Thanks all!
Old Oct 12, 2018, 1:19 am

See this thread Farewell 767s. Thanks for the memories

post 55 has a summary of the routes and dates, basically November will be LCA only and last rotation is 25 November.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 1:19 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
As well, and perhaps even more importantly, is this ‘the end’ for Eurofleet CSDs? I did hear on here earlier in the year it would be. If so, it’s a real shame.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
As well, and perhaps even more importantly, is this ‘the end’ for Eurofleet CSDs? I did hear on here earlier in the year it would be. If so, it’s a real shame.
I think this seems the case - was chatting to one the other week and they were suggesting they’d been offered a payout for early retirement vs transfer over to babybus.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 1:26 am

It looks as thought the final EDI is the 31 October, CE seems full on the return if I was to book into it sadly.

Anyone know if BA is planning anything? Surely EDI would mark the occasion?
Old Oct 13, 2018, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by ABJ92

I think this seems the case - was chatting to one the other week and they were suggesting they’d been offered a payout for early retirement vs transfer over to babybus.
My understanding was that the role was being made redundant. Eurofleet CSDs are already qualified on the 320 series, it’s a union agreement which says Pursers can’t be the SCCM on 767 (or 757). Are CSDs being offered Purser positions or is it compulsory redundancy?
Old Oct 13, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: BA bronze
Originally Posted by ABJ92
It looks as thought the final EDI is the 31 October, CE seems full on the return if I was to book into it sadly.
Anyone know if BA is planning anything? Surely EDI would mark the occasion?
The return from EDI to LHR is BA 1441 at 10.35.
There are currently at least 9 seats in CE available for Avios. I've just booked one!
Al
Old Oct 13, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Looks like my last 767 will be next week. Many good memories but quite a few tech delays and cancellations and never benefitted from a swap to one of the long haul birds when they were still flying.

Still, the cabin crew testing us on their inflight Bloody Mary mixes will go down as one of the best flights ever, even if it was a c1000 from EDI and caused an awkward T5-T3 transfer....
Old Oct 14, 2018, 4:27 am

Programs: BA, EI, IB, Hilton Honors
I've managed to get a MAD return on the same aircraft via an online travel agent. The BA site won't let you do it unless you book two one-ways.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by Trent900
I've managed to get a MAD return on the same aircraft via an online travel agent. The BA site won't let you do it unless you book two one-ways.
you can book it with BA but you would have to call. Ba.com doesn’t usually allow booking of these b2bs even though they meet MCT.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Did my second to final BA 767 ARN-LHR yesterday. Seated in 1F, 1D blocked. Excellent service, but different opinions among the two CC serving us in CE. The CSD was happy to see the 767s go to the aircraft graveyard in the desert, but her colleague was sad to lose the spacious working space.

Surprised to find these aircraft were going to the graveyard, I thought there still was a market for these birds. (Aircraft, mind you!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.