Farewell 767s. Thanks for the memories

Old Jul 22, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: BA Gold
Was in row 27 on G-BNWB yesterday morning to FRA - great flight. talking to CC seated opposite for landing and she wasn't thrilled at the NEO galleys. I guess many will miss the 767.
mwp1 likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
I use to always pick the 767 to return from LHR to EDI with and sometimes to even head down to LHR!

Great spacious Economy, didn’t rate the CE that much in it though
Old Jul 22, 2018, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by dougzz
Was in row 27 on G-BNWB yesterday morning to FRA - great flight. talking to CC seated opposite for landing and she wasn't thrilled at the NEO galleys. I guess many will miss the 767.

lucky you, NWB is the next to go in a couple of weeks
Old Jul 22, 2018, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I've flown on all 7 of the shorthaul 767s over the years; I won't miss them when they're all gone at the end of this year.

The ET cabin was good with the outboard pairs of seats and 34" pitch to halfway down the aircraft, but the CE cabin was cramped with no space between outboard seats. A full CE cabin felt exactly like ET, the divider was invariably broken and/or missing curtains, and of course none of the headrests on the convertible seats ever stayed in position in the latter years.

The washrooms always caught people by surprise, what with their fierce water jets and plugs that required plunging to empty the sink.

Not to mention the non-functioning reading lights, non-functioning IFE, lack of air vents, water-filled windows and irregular bing-bongs.

I will miss the engine sound, however, but not mid-flight when trying to get some sleep on one of the long sectors.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
The short haul 767 was my first ever CE flight many moons ago, and I'm still a big fan. Looking forward to a trip on it connecting to the 747 later this week 😀 I'll be sad when they're both gone!
Old Jul 22, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
If they are all going, why did they clean them so well recently?
Bizarre spend priorities. There are some 747s that could do with a bit of a clean.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
They've served BA well and I didn't mind getting them on some short haul sectors like Amsterdam and Athens, but they're falling apart on the inside and it's time for them to go.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 4:14 pm

I done a nostalgia B2B a few months ago incase I don't get to fly on one again to AMS

here is the beauty
Old Jul 22, 2018, 4:16 pm

so3003, Great_circle and tedcruz like this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by onobond
Also, all CC serving Club are usually fond of these old birds, their working space in the galley is by far larger than other SH aircraft.
I agree with you there. On my last two flights they also remarked how they would miss the aircraft when they go.

I had my last flight in May on LHR-ARN and that's the last time I'll set foot on a BA 767, as far as I know.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 2:00 am

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
What's the timetable for their removal? Will definitely need to fit in a last hurrah at some stage, ideally as close to the end as possible!
Old Jul 23, 2018, 2:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
One went last week. Second one any day now and final 5 in November.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 2:21 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Yes I will miss them too. I can't guarantee but I suspect I have been on all of them during my weekly CE commutes to Moscow before it became a longhaul route (and in fact my weekly WT+ commutes in them once it became longhaul)

The crew always seemed happier to be on them (other than the overnight flight to DME when nobody really wanted to be there!). I loved 1D and 1F, great banter with the crew, the disco lights, the magazines sneaked away either side of Row 1, the noise of the engines and the uncertainty of whether it would be door 1 or door 2 on arrival at DME, with the associated dash to immigration The A3xx planes just feel sterile in comparison
Old Jul 23, 2018, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I'm also split between nostalgia and acknowledgement that they have become so badly unreliable. I have had countless mechanical delays and cancellations on the 767 (which is one of the regular birds on the NCE route) so I think that I miss the "Idea" of them, but their reality, in truth, already left a lot to be desired.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 3:14 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Absolutely agree about the reliability but they have also provided me with 2 x EU261 compensation over the last couple of years on business trips to ARN, so every cloud..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.