Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Farewell 767s. Thanks for the memories

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH GLD, IHG PLT
I am booked on the BA662 on the 21st and BA663 on the 25th. I have however been offered a course at work that is too good to miss but unfortunately runs Monday-Friday that week. Would a LHR-LCA-LHR be possible in the same day? I have never been there so not sure what the airport is like.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold
On what appears to be the final LHR-MAD 767 this Saturday morning, if anyone else is around LHR at 5am...
Old Oct 22, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold/ All the AMEX Plat things
Had my first ever opup on one of these with the other half. It was a very early Saturday morning flight to MAD. We were so excited that we drank as much champagne as the rest of the cabin! Ever since that flight we always booked the same flight for our annual 1/2 term holiday to Gran Canaria(connecting in MAD)but mostly been sat in row 27. Happy days!
Old Oct 22, 2018, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Lynyrd
I am booked on the BA662 on the 21st and BA663 on the 25th. I have however been offered a course at work that is too good to miss but unfortunately runs Monday-Friday that week. Would a LHR-LCA-LHR be possible in the same day? I have never been there so not sure what the airport is like.
There seems to be a transfer security screening point just before passport control. I would assume (having never tried this) that you could use this to get back up to departures and head to the gate. I would wait to see if anyone more knowledgeable has better information before booking.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 11:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
This is what the Back-to-back thread says:

LCA: Good. There is a "Connecting Flights" channel on the left of the arrivals corridor, half way along, well before passports.
Sounds definitely doable. (Although that flight is very often late.)
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:29 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH GLD, IHG PLT
Cheers, would impact would the flight being late have? Is there a certain checkpoint they would not let me pass through? I know I sound daft but never done a back to back before.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: GGLfL
Cheers, would impact would the flight being late have? Is there a certain checkpoint they would not let me pass through? I know I sound daft but never done a back to back before.
No checks. Just show a valid BP.

When you disembark, follow the signs to passport control, however DO NOT pass through the one-way security doors to the immigration hall. Instead keep to the LEFT where there is a passageway to "connections". Show your boarding pass, do the security thing, and you will be air side again in about 2 minutes, in total about 5 minutes after disembarking.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 12:00 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
We deliver booked the 767 AMS-LHR as we knew it was retiring. The additional benefit came when the fuel distribution system at AMS packed it up and they fell back to a handful of bowsers and restricted arrivals and departures .

The 767 arrived from LHR ferrying it’s own fuel, so the only inconvenience we experienced was a delayed arrival, which meant we had a reduced stop at the CCR at Thiefrow. Needlass to say, it was a full flight.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
Just flown a UA 767 and it reminded me of how old and uncomfortable that plane is for long haul. Interesting how much I enjoyed it on my occasional BA trips to MAD, but I really hated it for a 9 hours flight. The humidity level is so low and noise so high I deplaned as if I'd flown for 15 hrs!
Old Oct 24, 2018, 6:04 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
I had the pleasure of flying the 767 on the early morning rotation to AMS yesterday. So one of it's last ever flights. It's fine for a short hop to AMS, but I really wouldn't want to be on it for too long. That said it was a very nice CE service and a lively crew (given the time of day). Overhead storage space seems much less than on 320 fleet.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 5:30 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
I noticed unfortunately that there is no more reward/avios - availability for AMS-LHR on November 6 so I reckon there are more people interested in what seems to be the last 767 service on that particular route
Old Oct 26, 2018, 8:10 am

So where do old 767s go when they are retired?
It seems some of them are put back into service by EuroAtlantic.
But the experience is not the same. The 2-3-2 across in economy is replaced by a 2-4-2,
making seating uncomfortably tight, even for a slim person like me.
Just experienced that "pleasure" on an 8hr flight earlier this week.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Sixt Platinum

Onboard the G-BZHB a couple of weeks ago. I’ll for sure miss these birds!

I’m booked on the 662 out to Larnaca on 24/11 - will this be (one of) the last flight(s) out of LHR? Can we expect anything ‘special’?

Last edited by EDDLEGLL; Oct 26, 2018 at 1:50 pm
Old Oct 26, 2018, 1:45 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Nice photo. Off to Madrid on what I think is the final 767 to fly there tomorrow morning; end of an era!
Old Oct 26, 2018, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by wanderer35
So where do old 767s go when they are retired?
It seems some of them are put back into service by EuroAtlantic.
But the experience is not the same. The 2-3-2 across in economy is replaced by a 2-4-2,
making seating uncomfortably tight, even for a slim person like me.
Just experienced that "pleasure" on an 8hr flight earlier this week.
from a pilot on twitter I follow , once taken to the airport (can't remember the name ) near Cardiff , the engines are then road tripped back to lhr

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.