Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Executive Club Status Slippery Slope, Where Will It End? (Blue to Silver)

Old Jul 21, 2018, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Class, plus BAEC.

As a leisure flyer who is normally cost and schedule focused, I have never attained any worthwhile status with airline programmes. All this will now change. I took advantage of an excellent QR J fare to Malaysia and will go from 0 to 600 TPs and reach Silver.

Im concerned that Im going to start finding reasons for convoluted itineries to Hawaii and deciding that a back to back to LUX is a good way to spend a day off.

What have I got myself into!! 😱😱
T8191, final_call, TWCLAM and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 10:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Where will it end? Gold? CCR? GfL? GGLfL?

Wherever the journey takes you, enjoy!
Old Jul 21, 2018, 10:23 am

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
Not sure where it'll end, but I'd suggest you ensure the trip is via the various T5 and T3 lounges
Old Jul 21, 2018, 10:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by krispy84

What have I got myself into!! ����
Indeed....

If the content of this forum is anything to go by....it'll most likely end in you having a personality change.
sarahuk, mike&co and amanx like this.

Last edited by HIDDY; Jul 21, 2018 at 11:03 am
Old Jul 21, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
As a fellow leisure traveller, I find Silver is quite easy to attain and has enough benefits to make travel more comfortable. Saying this, I have found myself thinking - Gold?
TheOldMan, TedToToe and TWCLAM like this.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
New to BA and im doing what I've coined "Silver in Six" going from nothing to Silver in 6 months( well 5.5 but that's not as catchy). Also a leisure/ self funded traveller and trips this year have been specifically taken to achieve that goal & do it within my TP Year anniversary date. Fairly confident that costs alone will keep me out of the Gold + club ( if only they would award TP's on Amex 2-4-1s!) but i'll be happy with what that gets me. If i can ever convince Mrs CLAM to understand the benefits of a TP run ( she wont get on a plane unless we then stay where we land for a few days thus negating the whole point of a TP run) it might just be possible to hit gold but realistically probably not.

For me doing it off my own back( no company to pay for those flights) and the journey over the next few months is part of the fun for abit of an AVGeek like myself & it's fun to bring your mates along on the journey documenting your jaunts off here there and everywhere.
HampsteadHeath and FrogTastic like this.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Silver Id deffo a seeet spot. Not sure if golds worth striving for but if you fly enough to he point where silver makes a real difference, its well worth striving for (not that you have to hear!)

beware that if youre on zero points now. You will need 4 flights on BA metal / codes before youre officially promoted to silver
TWCLAM, memesweeper and FrogTastic like this.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I now find myself planning by holidays with my Tier Point Year in mind.

Am I correct in saying there is no soft landing from Silver to Bronze as with Gold to Silver?
T8191 likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
No, you go to bronze. It's just that bronze is quite hard when you land on it
BorisBrownBear and FrogTastic like this.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by FrogTastic
I now find myself planning by holidays with my Tier Point Year in mind.

Am I correct in saying there is no soft landing from Silver to Bronze as with Gold to Silver?

i found this a quite heavy heavy landing when it happened to myself, I'll have silver back in 3 weeks 🙌

how I've missed lounge access when flying Y 😝

And free seats when booking, and I'm a self paying leisure traveller also

FrogTastic likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
Silver Id deffo a seeet spot. Not sure if golds worth striving for but if you fly enough to he point where silver makes a real difference, its well worth striving for (not that you have to hear!)

beware that if youre on zero points now. You will need 4 flights on BA metal / codes before youre officially promoted to silver
The QR flights are all BA codeshares so Ill get the 4 on this trip.

Realistically, Silver would be my natural level if I pushed most of my travel onto BA and OW. Ill have to see how much I enjoy Silver benefits when flying Y. I can see me being tempted!
Old Jul 21, 2018, 1:41 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Realistically, Silver would be my natural level if I pushed most of my travel onto BA and OW. Ill have to see how much I enjoy Silver benefits when flying Y. I can see me being tempted!
That's how it starts... then you end up chasing Gold or GGL
Old Jul 21, 2018, 1:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Turkish Miles&SmilesElite;; Freccia Alata Plus; Amex Platinum; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold Elit

The QR flights are all BA codeshares so Ill get the 4 on this trip.

Are the tickets on BA stock - ie 125-nnnnnnn? If the flights were bought directly through QR then I rather suspect you wont qualify for silver. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Mapman

Are the tickets on BA stock - ie 125-nnnnnnn? If the flights were bought directly through QR then I rather suspect you wont qualify for silver. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
There was a flash sale from Manchester, it could take you to Penang via DOH on BA coded QR operated flights, sold by BA and issued on 125-stock. I guess OP got lucky booking one.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mapman

Bought via BA and with a 125 ticket number so should be ok I think.
Mapman likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.