Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Executive Club Status Slippery Slope, Where Will It End? (Blue to Silver)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Executive Club Status Slippery Slope, Where Will It End? (Blue to Silver)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2018, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by megaloman
There was a flash sale from Manchester, it could take you to Penang via DOH on BA coded QR operated flights, sold by BA and issued on 125-stock. I guess OP got lucky booking one.
Bingo 👍
Old Jul 21, 2018, 4:26 pm

Programs: BA, SW, IAG
I am a leisure traveller who flys at least twice per year.

but BA bought and sold my local airline (as they had LHR slots) and now the only Ba flights I can get ar to LCY. Expensive as full of business people who dont pay for their flights.

So TP runs are very hard for me as I have to pay to get to the mainland/london just to take one.

So dont let the Bronze hit you in the A** on the way out. I am happy to make bronze. Got 290 points for my last flight and will get 180 for the next. But cant think of a flight i could take to get me to Silver. Given virtually no BA flights from where I live.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 5:10 pm

Programs: BAEC, HHonours, IHG, Bonvoy, KFC Colonel's club
Yeah leisure traveler here too. My family is mainly in Germany USA and Asia so naturally made bronze on my family visits. Then as i discovered FT i chased silver and was initially happy with lounge access. However I came across FT and it discovered the ambitious side of me (which has been absent all my life) and I went all the way to Gold.
My thought was that I’ll be gold for two years and then get a soft landing to silver hence its financially justifiable to do a tier point run.

Now its not an ambitious side anymore - it has turned into an addiction and I must chase gold every year. And before you know it the next thing you do is join a tier point mini do like the PHX mini do! Nevertheless I show no regrets and enjoyed every single minute in the air!
FrogTastic likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 7:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Brown
Originally Posted by bisonrav
No, you go to bronze. It's just that bronze is quite hard when you land on it
It is that! Back to sIlver in seven and a half sounds daft, but in 10 days I’m looking forward to achieving it.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 1:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Achieving a certain status can be very addictive. I do about 50 flights a year, mainly short haul. In the past 8 months i did 30 flights and i have 14 flights scheduled for the next 2 months.
attaining bronze was a cool leap, but actually gives you nothing. Attaining silver was the big leap. Lounge access, free seat selection at booking makes it worthwhile.

But the "real" goal is gold. As i am at Heathrow at least 20 times a year the abbility to go through first opens the doors. Allthough gaining status is cool and might be addictive it does not make sense if you are a very low traveler i think.

FrogTastic likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.