Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Claiming avios when flying under maiden but BAEC account is in married name

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2018, 7:25 am
09R
Original Poster

Recently flew with Mrs 09R to Perth. She is Aussie, her Aussie passport is in her Maiden name and her UK passport is in her married named.

When flying to Aussie we always book under her maiden name as it makes life much easier with immigration etc.

Any idea if there is any way to get the avios and tier points for her flight? Flight was with Qantas so would have to claim through the normal partner claim form on the BA website but I know it won't go through due to name on BAEC account and ticket not matching.

Thanks

09R
Old Jul 21, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: GGL, BA lifetime Gold, Many Hotel Sparkles
Time to change the Aussie passport ?

Not sure you'll get far with BA standard approaches as the name wont match the account. BAMISSINGAVIOS may help with a direct message on this form , don't be surprised if its a negative response.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Before messaging BAmissingavios on here you should contact BAEC using the web form and explain the situation - you can upload documents to the form so scan marriage certificate and submit that as well. Until you do that you don't know what BAEC will say. People having accounts / tickets / passports in maiden / married names is not an unusual occurrence and BA does show some leniency but you are actually relying on QANTAS approving the credit of the avios / TPs

BAmissingavios should be the last port of call not the first. One of the reasons BA no longer has an active rep on there was because they were inundated with requests for help when the individual hadn't even contacted BA using the usual methods for resolution.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 8:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

My missus has three passports all under different names.....only her British passport has the same name as her BAEC account. Never had a problem travelling on tickets under her BAEC name but using a different passport. Just means her having to carry all three passports.

If you can prove to Qantas/BAEC she was the same person you'll probably be able to successfully claim. Seem to recall we did this with her Flying Blue account.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by HIDDY
My missus has three passports all under different names.....
Does she have three husbands?
Old Jul 21, 2018, 9:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer

Does she have three husbands?
Always had just the one but she says I'm worth three.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by 09R
Recently flew with Mrs 09R to Perth. She is Aussie, her Aussie passport is in her Maiden name and her UK passport is in her married named.

When flying to Aussie we always book under her maiden name as it makes life much easier with immigration etc.

Any idea if there is any way to get the avios and tier points for her flight? Flight was with Qantas so would have to claim through the normal partner claim form on the BA website but I know it won't go through due to name on BAEC account and ticket not matching.

Thanks

09R
You could open a BAEC account in her maiden name and then add it as a family account. My wife has accounts in both her married name and her maiden name and they are both linked to mine in a family account.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by jimthewhiz

You could open a BAEC account in her maiden name and then add it as a family account. My wife has accounts in both her married name and her maiden name and they are both linked to mine in a family account.
The same person is not supposed to have more than one BAEC account. Also doing so in the way you suggest means the TPs get divided over 2 accounts and could result in not gaining a status level or losing status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.