Wiki Posts
Search

Amex 241 question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Amex 241 question

Hi all,

I just have a quick Amex 241 question. I need to book a return to NYC for a couple of weeks time, but won’t have enough avois until next week.

Am I allowed to book the outbound flights today (only 2 seats left so getting nervous) and then add the return leg next week when I have the avois?

Will there be any extra charges if it is allowed ?

Many thanks
Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:09 am

Yes, but expect a change fee when adding the return.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:53 am

Depending how short you are, it might be cheaper to buy the Avios now than pay a couple of change fees.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze; Marriott: Gold
The change fee will be £35 per person - so £70 for the two of you.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by MANCHESTER
I need to book a return to NYC for a couple of weeks time, but won’t have enough avois until next week.

Am I allowed to book the outbound flights today (only 2 seats left so getting nervous) and then add the return leg next week when I have the avois?
Don't forget to factor in the risk that by next week, the Avios seats you want for getting back have gone.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
You don't pay a change fee to call up and add a return leg? I can't remember doing apart from when it exceed the 355 days. Have a nosey at the FAQs :

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...iscussion.html
Old Jul 20, 2018, 7:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
You don't pay a change fee to call up and add a return leg? I can't remember doing apart from when it exceed the 355 days. Have a nosey at the FAQs :

it is waived generally when booking and adding at 355 days, but otherwise it is charged.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly

I think you have it the wrong way round. No fee when adding something that was beyond 355 days on booking the outbound; change fees due otherwise.
firstlight likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Thank you all. I’m 50k short, so no way of buying them. Of course I realise the inbound may not be there by next week, but then I guess I just cancel the outbound and try something else!!

many thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.