Wiki Posts
Search

JFK CCR Closing Time - BA182

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2018, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
JFK CCR Closing Time - BA182

Taking the BA182 in a few weeks (2300hrs departure from JFK).

I have read somewhere that the JFK CCR closes at 2200hrs. As I generally like to leave the lounge as late as possible, will the CCR close at 2200 on the dot or will there be any leeway?
Old Jul 19, 2018, 11:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
I think they will make the boarding call for BA 182 and then start ushering people out. You may have a few minutes of leeway but you'll be expected to board.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 11:57 pm

One world website says it closes at 23:00.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 12:01 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Website says it opens at 3., too... But actually opens at 4. Let us know how they handle the closing.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 1:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
The JFK CCR closes when the last BA flight departs.
UTFB likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 1:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thanks for the replies. Yes the Oneworld site states 2300, the info I got was from https://www.loungebuddy.com/JFK/brit...l-7-SD75E5I4jV which states it opens at 3pm and closes at 10pm.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 2:16 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
.. and they stay on if the 182 is delayed. They don't look particularly happy about it, but they do stay on
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 2:31 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, BAEC Gold
I took this flight not very long ago and it was delayed by about an hour, there were only 5 or 6 of us in the CCR at that point but they allowed us to stay until a few minutes before the boarding started.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 2:47 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by UTFB
Thanks for the replies. Yes the Oneworld site states 2300, the info I got was from https://www.loungebuddy.com/JFK/brit...l-7-SD75E5I4jV which states it opens at 3pm and closes at 10pm.
The actual opening hours will vary by the BA flight schedule, so the current opening time is 16 hrs, however you can generally enter a bit before while the staff set up if you take a genial approach. Equally when the close up for the night they tend not to force you out (though maybe the body language perhaps gives a hint) so you should be ok to 30 minutes or so before departure, if it is late, they will stay on. The oneworld website is the official respository of this information but it isn't updated to a high degree of precision.
KARFA likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 5:39 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
" it isn't updated to a high degree of precision. "

Brilliant masterful understatement.
Vasco Pridat and acucobol like this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 11:33 pm

Ccr to close

Good morning friends.
I have a flight next month through jfk and recall now that the ccr is supposed to close its doors.
Are there any updates on how long it will be open? The new terminal was supposed to open on Dec 1st. But will they keep the ccr until then?
What's the check-in situation? Can we use the ba first until then? Thnx
Old Sep 20, 2022, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Why would the CCR close before Ba operations do? It’s the whole airline which is moving so lounges are largely simple consequential
components here. I can imagine a potential issue if the move is delayed at the last minute and contracts have been ended already, but for any trip before official switching date or indeed if there is a delay confirmed sufficiently early, I don’t think it will be a problem,
Old Sep 20, 2022, 1:23 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
I understand from the CCR staff last night that the change over to T8 starts on November 8th with the morning departure, and all flights will have moved by early December
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
I understand from the CCR staff last night that the change over to T8 starts on November 8th with the morning departure, and all flights will have moved by early December
Thank you for the input.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.