Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat choice when hitting silver

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2018, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Seat choice when hitting silver

i will hit silver again in a few weeks, will all the seats open up here for me to choose from (as this trip is not until may 19)
, EF shows the cabin as all vacant but for 64a for obvious reasons, and I think 62a/k has direct aisle access as well.

was rather hoping more open up when I have silver back again

TIA 👍
Old Jul 19, 2018, 6:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
What flight is?
Old Jul 19, 2018, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tedcruz
What flight is?
not until may 2019, BA 0213
Old Jul 19, 2018, 6:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
More seats will definetly open up when you turn Silver. Of course 64A will remain blocked as it is the bassinet seat but 64K should be available.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

More seats will definetly open up when you turn Silver. Of course 64A will remain blocked as it is the bassinet seat but 64K should be available.
thanks mate👍

I'll hit silver on my outbound CW jfk in 3 weeks, but made a balls up of pre booking and paying for a seat on my return from EWR when I should of realised I could of had it for free , not realising I'd hit silver on my outbound sector , oh well 🙄
Old Jul 19, 2018, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Other people in your situation have reported that they have had the fee refunded after phoning BA once their status has been updated which is generally 4-5 days after the flight that earns the TPs to get you silver have posted (2 days for the TPs and an additional couple of days for the status)
Old Jul 20, 2018, 1:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Other people in your situation have reported that they have had the fee refunded after phoning BA once their status has been updated which is generally 4-5 days after the flight that earns the TPs to get you silver have posted (2 days for the TPs and an additional couple of days for the status)

maybe worth a call then, nothing to lose eh 👍
Old Jul 20, 2018, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Is 64K definitely safe for silvers? I have this booked for a few flights and being booted out of Gold end of month !
Old Jul 20, 2018, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Is 64K definitely safe for silvers?
It should be, I can't see any reason why not and I can't remember any squeals of anguish from Silvers who wanted 64K.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 2:41 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, BAEC Gold
I believe if you dummy book a flexible fare it should show you all of the open seats on the UD
Old Jul 20, 2018, 4:01 am

Is it definite that future seat reservation fees will be refunded once silver has been achieved? Thanks
mwp1 likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 4:12 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Is 64K definitely safe for silvers?
I've booked and flown in 64K on a number of occasions as a Silver.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 4:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
I have flown 64K a half dozen times as a silver. Only time I was booted it was into 4K.
missdimeaner likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by paulaf
Is it definite that future seat reservation fees will be refunded once silver has been achieved? Thanks
Bump
Old Jul 20, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by Globaliser
It should be, I can't see any reason why not and I can't remember any squeals of anguish from Silvers who wanted 64K.
Great seat and not hold reserved.

As for seat selection, unless BA’s systems have improved recently, they may have your previous bronze status held against this booking. If you can’t select your preferred seats for free, try taking your BAEC number out and putting it back in on the AF site.
mwp1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.