Switching terminals in LHR for lounge use

Old May 26, 2019, 5:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Does anybody have any advice on this? Maybe it is just best for me to take her to her check in and bid her farewell there.
Old May 26, 2019, 6:20 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
Is it possible for me to go to T3 to have a nice meal with her before our flights (either in a lounge or not!)?
Landside yes, airside no, not without screwing up your Ready to Fly status.
Old May 26, 2019, 8:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Thanks as always c-w-s.
Old May 27, 2019, 2:48 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Just to be a completist. I think it *is* possible but a massive PITA. You will need to clear security in T5 T3 and T5 again in time to make your 'ready to fly'. Happy to be told otherwise if this is rubbish.

Last edited by DeathSlam; May 27, 2019 at 2:57 am
Old May 27, 2019, 3:05 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by DeathSlam
Just to be a completist. I think it *is* possible but a massive PITA. You will need to clear security in T5 T3 and T5 again in time to make your 'ready to fly'. Happy to be told otherwise if this is rubbish.
No, it's not rubbish, though my phrasing was perhaps slightly different to yours. The thing you left out is that your Ready to Fly would be corrupted on return to T5 and you risk losing your seat in trying to resolve it. If you tried this with less than an hour to go then the Flight Management would also need to get involved.
DeathSlam likes this.
Old May 27, 2019, 3:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I arrived a few weeks ago to T5 and wanted to go to T5 to meet someone in the lounge but I was departing T3 and only had a T3 BP I could not get through the official channels at T5A Flight Connections they just would not let me though with a T3 BP in spite of me have 5hrs transit time.

I have to say that in spite of great efforts by c-w-s and others to explain this whole issue of switching terminals for lounge access I am still totally confused as to what is allowed, what isn't... what is possible and how and what isn't. Sorry. I also have the feeling it also depends on getting compliant staff to actually achieve it.

I have decided that for now I will stick to the lounge in the terminal for which I have a BP!
DeathSlam likes this.
Old May 27, 2019, 3:49 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
No, it's not rubbish, though my phrasing was perhaps slightly different to yours. The thing you left out is that your Ready to Fly would be corrupted on return to T5 and you risk losing your seat in trying to resolve it. If you tried this with less than an hour to go then the Flight Management would also need to get involved.
Some of these things are really complicated and that's where FT shines figuring out what is and isn't possible. If you have lots of time, many of these 'outre' things are possible (and fun). When you get to the gate, talking to the gate agents in plenty of time is IMO a great idea.
Old May 27, 2019, 4:15 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by snaxmuppet
I arrived a few weeks ago to T5 and wanted to go to T5 to meet someone in the lounge but I was departing T3 and only had a T3 BP I could not get through the official channels at T5A Flight Connections they just would not let me though with a T3 BP in spite of me have 5hrs transit time.

I have to say that in spite of great efforts by c-w-s and others to explain this whole issue of switching terminals for lounge access I am still totally confused as to what is allowed, what isn't... what is possible and how and what isn't. Sorry. I also have the feeling it also depends on getting compliant staff to actually achieve it.

I have decided that for now I will stick to the lounge in the terminal for which I have a BP!
The reason is that you cannot be airside T5 without a T5 boarding pass ('Ready to Fly'), so attempting to get through security after having landed at T5 will not work. The other way (ie into T3) is possible.
TravelManBiz likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 5:28 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
If you had loads of time at Heathrow terminal 5 is it possible to transfer to terminal 3 and use the lounges there. I am talking in excess of 7 hours. However, my first class flight is from T5 and I would enter security through T5 . Can you use the spend over Ł250 shopping option at T3?
Old Nov 8, 2019, 5:12 pm

Programs: ba
I arrived from Prague and landed into T3 2 days ago. I had my boarding pass for my onward flight 6 hours later from T5. I heading to flight connections and instead of going towards T5 and catch the transfer bus, I headed to T3 security at FCC. When I gave my boarding pass to the agent to scan, she told me I needed to head to T5.

I said I wanted to do some shopping at T3, she looked at my departure time and verified I had enough time. She then took my pass and checked with the security supervisor and came back and gave me the all clear.

Once in the Cathay lounge, the agents didn't say a thing about my non T3 deperature flight. So it looks like you can do if you are already in transit, but difficult to get through if your trying to enter landside T3.
DeathSlam likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 7:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Sam Swps,

I will be in the similar situation In couple of weeks, I arrive on AA in T3 and will be departing on BA International from T5 about 7 hours later.
I am hoping to clear T3 security and re-enter T3 upon arrival. I would like use the CX F lounge before heading to T5 later in the afternoon.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 2:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by aglp2k
Sam Swps,

I will be in the similar situation In couple of weeks, I arrive on AA in T3 and will be departing on BA International from T5 about 7 hours later.
I am hoping to clear T3 security and re-enter T3 upon arrival. I would like use the CX F lounge before heading to T5 later in the afternoon.

Following up from my previous post. No issues in clearing T3 connections security with a T5 boarding pass this morning. The lady at security said "be sure to leave 2 hours before the flight from T5".

Also, got a nice welcome into the CX F lounge as a OWE.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 5:31 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by aglp2k
Also, got a nice welcome into the CX F lounge as a OWE.
I wonder how long until Cathay Pacific imposes entry restrictions on its lounges - ie only appropriate CX tiers or booking classes, plus associated users with invitations (ie Finnair)?
It can easily redesignate the F lounge under OW rules.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 6:15 am

At T3 you have lots of oneworld lounge options so I dont think that Cathey will make any restrictions and soon will be also amex lounge
Old Jan 23, 2020, 6:27 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by DFB_london
I wonder how long until Cathay Pacific imposes entry restrictions on its lounges - ie only appropriate CX tiers or booking classes, plus associated users with invitations (ie Finnair)?
It can easily redesignate the F lounge under OW rules.
Drifting a little off-topic, but given how welcoming CX is to oneworld Emeralds at its lounges in HKG I would be surprised if they impose blanket restrictions on an outstation lounge. The risk of going through the aggravation of extra security checks specifically to visit the CX F lounge in T3 is that they will declare a short-term capacity issue and choose to give priority to their own J/F/Marco Polo elite level customers at just the moment you want to enter. It's rare but not completely unheard of.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Jan 23, 2020 at 6:33 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.