F redemption upgraded to 787

Old Jul 18, 18, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC - Lowly blue
F redemption upgraded to 787

Just checked and our flight has been upgraded to a 787 next March to Delhi. Awesome! However, we're a group of 4 on 2 separate redemption bookings - now taking up half the cabin. I can't see that the other seats the other pair travelling with us as blocked, and seemingly could select them myself.... Is this something I should be worried about this far out? Anyone have experiences with this? Thanks as always.
Old Jul 18, 18, 5:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL (no longer CCR), Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
If you can select them, then they're clearly not occupied. As the cabin is smaller in the 787 than whatever was operating it before (777 presumably) your friends' reservations have probably lost their seat reservations - though they should still have a booking on a flight. Let your friends know and get them to reselect their seats before anyone else does, but as long as your friends have a ticket number, I wouldn't give it a second thought otherwise.
Old Jul 18, 18, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cymro View Post
If you can select them, then they're clearly not occupied. As the cabin is smaller in the 787 than whatever was operating it before (777 presumably) your friends' reservations have probably lost their seat reservations - though they should still have a booking on a flight. Let your friends know and get them to reselect their seats before anyone else does, but as long as your friends have a ticket number, I wouldn't give it a second thought otherwise.
This was happening before the equipment change too, I’ll get them to double check/save them again.
Old Jul 19, 18, 2:43 am

Programs: Now BAEC Brown, fallen from 10 yrs BAEC Gold; Oyster 60+ Travelcard
Our mid February redemption F flight BA143 (LHR - DEL) has also changed from a 777 to a 787-9. Our original seats (2E and 2F) have carried over with only one seat now shown as unselected.
Old Jul 19, 18, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GateLouse2 View Post
Our mid February redemption F flight BA143 (LHR - DEL) has also changed from a 777 to a 787-9. Our original seats (2E and 2F) have carried over with only one seat now shown as unselected.
Exciting!
Old Jul 19, 18, 4:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cymro View Post
Just checked and we all have ticket numbers, but seats aren't showing as blocked. I'll try moving us to see if that forces an update or something.
Old Jul 19, 18, 4:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lewis King View Post
Just checked and we all have ticket numbers, but seats aren't showing as blocked. I'll try moving us to see if that forces an update or something.
And this has fixed it... swapped the two around and the "save seats" button activated, and now confirmed seats are properly confirmed. Thanks for help all.
Old Jul 19, 18, 6:37 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador
I also have an aircraft change from LHR-NRT in March 2019. 777 to 787-9 in F so pleased with that! Seat reservations were carried over but I double-checked to ensure that we still had 2E & 2F.
Old Jul 19, 18, 6:51 am

Programs: BA Silver, Eurostar Carte Blanche, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
I'm pretty sure my NRT-LHR in December was 777 when I booked but its 787 now, except cancelled on my date and rebooked 24 hours later. Currently also got LHR-DEL 787 F in September but I live in constant fear that it will be swapped to QR and downgraded to J if/when the wetlease is extended.
Old Jul 19, 18, 10:48 am
Original Poster

I guess BA are pretty confident in the 787s being back in service then, by the sounds of it! Really not sure what happened with our seats as they still said confirmed when I logged into the other people flying with us, but never showed for us as booked when we logged in. Oh well all seems good now. Excited to try the newer seats/screens!!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: