Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Sorry there is a problem with booking this journey online. Try selecting other flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sorry there is a problem with booking this journey online. Try selecting other flight

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF, AS, BA, SQ, CX, IB
Question Sorry there is a problem with booking this journey online. Try selecting other flight

Recently the BA award booking site has been throwing up this error whenever I select Qantas domestic flights
"Sorry there is a problem with booking this journey online. Try selecting other flights"
This is despite the site offering numerous flight alternatives (all of which are also available on QF's own award site) but when the desired flight is selected, the error is shown.
The flights are true QF flights, not Jetstar or Qlink etc, so doesn't appear to be a problem with affiliates.
Seems to happen for all domestic flights i.e. MEL-SYD, but if their is a domestic leg before an International flight it shows the Avios and GBP for the flight, i.e. ADL-MEL-HKG does not produce the error.
Does anyone else have this problem, or know of a solution other than the ubiquitous call support ?
Old Jul 18, 2018, 7:42 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by relaxonbarton
Recently the BA award booking site has been throwing up this error whenever I select Qantas domestic flights
"Sorry there is a problem with booking this journey online. Try selecting other flights"
This is despite the site offering numerous flight alternatives (all of which are also available on QF's own award site) but when the desired flight is selected, the error is shown.
The flights are true QF flights, not Jetstar or Qlink etc, so doesn't appear to be a problem with affiliates.
Seems to happen for all domestic flights i.e. MEL-SYD, but if their is a domestic leg before an International flight it shows the Avios and GBP for the flight, i.e. ADL-MEL-HKG does not produce the error.
Does anyone else have this problem, or know of a solution other than the ubiquitous call support ?
I had the same yesterday when trying to price up SIN-PER.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Me too (SYD - PER).
Old Jul 18, 2018, 9:14 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, you need to call up, more information here:
Completely unable to use Avios [Potentially resolved]
Old Jul 18, 2018, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF, AS, BA, SQ, CX, IB
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, you need to call up, more information here:
Completely unable to use Avios [Potentially resolved]
Yes, I'd seen that thread but it is a different problem, in that queries aren't returning results. The problem we are having is that flights on Qantas mainline are being presented OK, but when the flight is selected, the system won't show the avios and price, so you can't proceed. This means having to call the Support line, and the wait time and general faffing around means something that normally takes 2 minutes to book is a 30-60 minute exercise in frustration, even though the BA agents are always friendly and efficient, just the systems they use are annoying.

I've lodged details on the Twitter support line, but the turn around for each response is 12+ hours, but am hopeful they can identify problem and provide a work around at least.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by relaxonbarton
Yes, I'd seen that thread but it is a different problem, in that queries aren't returning results. The problem we are having is that flights on Qantas mainline are being presented OK, but when the flight is selected, the system won't show the avios and price, so you can't proceed.
That was exactly what was reported in that thread when mrvincent was trying to book QF mainline flights. See from this point onwards in the thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29967586 - solution identified by post 54, as c-w-s says - and that is the post identified in the wikipost to that thread.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 2:18 am

In the absence of a working BAEC online, can anyone give me any idea how much the taxes etc would be in economy from PER - SYD, SYD - PER, SYD - HTI and/or HTI - BNE please? I presume I can work out the Avios required from the distance charts and GCMapper. Thanks if you can help.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 2:39 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by louie-m
In the absence of a working BAEC online, can anyone give me any idea how much the taxes etc would be in economy from PER - SYD, SYD - PER, SYD - HTI and/or HTI - BNE please? I presume I can work out the Avios required from the distance charts and GCMapper. Thanks if you can help.
I paid a total of £41.60 + 37800 Avios for SYD-MEL return in J for 2 adults and one under 2 (10% of adult cost), if that gives any sort of guidance!

Last edited by mrvincent; Jul 19, 2018 at 2:43 am Reason: Specify "return"
Old Jul 19, 2018, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
In the absence of a working BAEC online, can anyone give me any idea how much the taxes etc would be in economy from PER - SYD, SYD - PER, SYD - HTI and/or HTI - BNE please?
I think that one way of getting an estimate is to use https://matrix.itasoftware.com/ to price a cash ticket in the appropriate cabin, expressly specifying GBP as the currency (assuming your BAEC country is the UK), and add up all the TFC items except Australian GST.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 2:43 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Ironically the Iberia site is working (ironically since there are heaps of complaints over in that forum about partner searching).

So PER-SYD return is £42.20 in cash (Avios is 28k but that will typically be more on Iberia than BA)
SYD-HTI return is £53.20 (Avios is 17k but that will typically be more on Iberia than BA)

It would be good for future queries could go to the referenced thread so that all knowledge / data points are in one place.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 2:56 am

You lot are marvellous. Thanks very much. I didn't post in the other thread as I thought my query a bit too off topic.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 4:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
Inability to book QF online has been an issue for months. Usually seems ok in Y but W or J nearly always throw up the error message.

Call BA and book over the phone.

Oh the joys of the BA online. Without doubt the most unreliable website I have ever used (and there are some absolute turkeys out there), but most frustrating is the fact that the errors don't ever seem to get fixed.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 10:15 am

Having a similar issue. AA flights are showing on Avios search, but when I select the flights I get the following error message:

Error: Sorry, there’s a problem with booking this journey online. you can try selecting other flights or contact us so an agent can help you book the flights you have selected

Anyone figured out how to deal with this besides calling in and waiting interminably? Or if not, what's the best time to call?
Old Jul 19, 2023, 5:20 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Same here. From experience, does the problem eventually resolve itself or are we resigned to calling in?

Originally Posted by syalam
Having a similar issue. AA flights are showing on Avios search, but when I select the flights I get the following error message:

Error: Sorry, there’s a problem with booking this journey online. you can try selecting other flights or contact us so an agent can help you book the flights you have selected

Anyone figured out how to deal with this besides calling in and waiting interminably? Or if not, what's the best time to call?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.