Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Using Lloyds Upgrade Voucher - Avios.com or BA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Lloyds Upgrade Voucher - Avios.com or BA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2020, 6:37 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
If you cancel the flight which is still ongoing you lose the voucher but get the avios and money, minus Ł35 cancellation fee.

If the flight is cancelled you get everything including the voucher. My voucher deadline has been extended to September. I think the previous date had already expired.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG, TK Elite, IHG Amb & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Pack
If you cancel the flight which is still ongoing you lose the voucher but get the avios and money, minus Ł35 cancellation fee.

If the flight is cancelled you get everything including the voucher. My voucher deadline has been extended to September. I think the previous date had already expired.
Thanks for the update, very helpful!
Old Mar 17, 2020, 7:05 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by onemoretrip
Would be good if they had this as a recorded message whilst you were on hold!
Old Mar 18, 2020, 6:36 am

Programs: BAEC, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by onemoretrip
Has anyone found out what is happening to unused vouchers due to expire / be used by 31st March?
I have one to use, and would probably make a HKG booking for Jan/Feb next year. But if they are going to extend the validity of these I will save myself the hassle of calling, and let them deal with more urgent things in the coming days.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 8:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I talked to them yesterday. Slightly different scenario in that I had used vouchers and had to cancel. However, my understanding is that they are giving 6 month extension. Obviously, you will have to call, it took me about 45 minute hold to get through at mid afternoon.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 3:57 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA Exec Plat
That's good to know. Shame they haven't put a statement or email about it. Would save a lot of unnecessary calls during these busy times for them.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Hi all,

Any ideas what happens to the voucher on a part-flown booking, with the remaining flight cancelled?

Thanks!
Old Mar 18, 2020, 6:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
Is 0344 4933349 the correct number for dealing with an Avios Lloyds voucher booking? When I tried calling it this morning it was telling me to call BAEC.

1F
Old Mar 19, 2020, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by BA6501
Hi all,

Any ideas what happens to the voucher on a part-flown booking, with the remaining flight cancelled?

Thanks!
this was exactly my situation. I had avios and cash refund and voucher extension applied. I though it was very reasonable.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by 1nfrequent
Is 0344 4933349 the correct number for dealing with an Avios Lloyds voucher booking? When I tried calling it this morning it was telling me to call BAEC.

1F
that is the correct number. Just stay on the line and you will join the queue.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by zanderblue
this was exactly my situation. I had avios and cash refund and voucher extension applied. I though it was very reasonable.
So they refund a full voucher even though it's part used? Not bad...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.