Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Using Lloyds Upgrade Voucher - Avios.com or BA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Lloyds Upgrade Voucher - Avios.com or BA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2020, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver, A3
1. Is there a 24 hour cooling off period for making a booking with the Upgrade Voucher?
2. Does anyone know the hours that the line is open on Saturday and Sunday?
Thanks

Added ... I have been trying to phone for so long than my home phone battery died and I had to start again! Now prepared to transfer to another handset. It's only been almost an hour

Last edited by Stormbel; Jan 4, 2020 at 6:40 am
Old Jan 15, 2020, 9:15 am

I’ve been on the phone to the Avios number to use my Lloyds upgrade voucher for two lots of one hour at which point I was disconnected! It’s frustrating, not only because I’ve got better things to do, but also because the flights I want might disappear! Any suggestions ver welcome!
Old Jan 15, 2020, 10:00 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Originally Posted by Tracy100
I’ve been on the phone to the Avios number to use my Lloyds upgrade voucher for two lots of one hour at which point I was disconnected! It’s frustrating, not only because I’ve got better things to do, but also because the flights I want might disappear! Any suggestions ver welcome!
when i used this number it allowed me to hold for over 60 mins

0344 4933349

it's outrageous that we need to be concerned about being able to hold for more than an hour !
Tracy100 likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 9:03 am

Programs: QF Gold
FWIW I received an email that my voucher had been generated, four days after the statement date. I've not called to verify it's there on the account though!

Does anyone know if I now close the card through Lloyds, should the voucher stay in-tact with Avios? I'm sure Lloyds IT is so bad it wouldn't get voided, but I've not seen any evidence either way!
Old Jan 26, 2020, 7:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by fartoomanyusers
when i used this number it allowed me to hold for over 60 mins

0344 4933349

it's outrageous that we need to be concerned about being able to hold for more than an hour !
What's worse - the number is advertised as open 10am to 4pm on Sundays - been calling all day (Sunday) and it says it's closed. Shame they are so difficult to get hold of! Anyone know if there is an alternative number to use the Lloyds voucher?
mec72 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 1:52 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
I'm trying very hard to get through on the number shown... called at 5:40pm on evening, on hold with the automated reminder, "sorry to keep you, it won't be much longer". At 6pm their office closes so my call was disconnected.
Trying from just after 8am. On hold now for over 30minutes. Exceedingly frustrating.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 2:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by edwardibberson
I'm trying very hard to get through on the number shown... called at 5:40pm on evening, on hold with the automated reminder, "sorry to keep you, it won't be much longer". At 6pm their office closes so my call was disconnected.
Trying from just after 8am. On hold now for over 30minutes. Exceedingly frustrating.
I was on hold 3 x 60 mins before getting connected finally and using my voucher. They recommend calling at 8am! If only the recorded message indicated that it’s actually not “not much longer”.. not great at all, but glad that’s the last time I’m ever calling Avios.
Calchas likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 4:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Really wanted to book a flight today. Only two seats available. It seems that I’ll have to wait until tomorrow morning. I fear the seats will have gone.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by sb1982
I was on hold 3 x 60 mins before getting connected finally and using my voucher. They recommend calling at 8am! If only the recorded message indicated that it’s actually not “not much longer”.. not great at all, but glad that’s the last time I’m ever calling Avios.
That does not give me a lot of hope. I was disconnected after 60 minutes on hold. I guess I will try every day until I get there. What a cra.... I was told by Aer Club Customer Support, that avios.com has to delete my account which was migrated to BA, because I can't register to Aer Club due to old account.
---
Managed to get on hold of human on second attempt, after 30 minutes. So total 1.5h of waiting but now have Aer Club account.

Last edited by Richmond_Surrey; Feb 11, 2020 at 10:18 am
Old Feb 18, 2020, 12:49 pm

I just received a letter from Avios stating that I've earned an upgrade voucher due to my Lloyds Avios spending. I thought they weren't doing them any more?!?
fartoomanyusers likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 4:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
I'm trying to change avios booking (lloyds upgrade voucher) and it's an absolute nightmare. I've spent hours on hold over the last days trying to get through.
I've waited until T-24 on the outbound hoping that once BA are in control of the ticket, they will sort me out via GGL line, but no! avios is not only a TA booking, but also an IT fare and therefore can't be touched by BA. Any ideas? I certainly have better things to do that sit on the phone all day. Also, with my return on Sunday afternoon, my change window is closing really quickly...
Old Mar 13, 2020, 5:39 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by wmaciej
I'm trying to change avios booking (lloyds upgrade voucher) and it's an absolute nightmare. I've spent hours on hold over the last days trying to get through.
I've waited until T-24 on the outbound hoping that once BA are in control of the ticket, they will sort me out via GGL line, but no! avios is not only a TA booking, but also an IT fare and therefore can't be touched by BA. Any ideas? I certainly have better things to do that sit on the phone all day. Also, with my return on Sunday afternoon, my change window is closing really quickly...
There are queuing apps like WQ4U you could try.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 5:44 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by pauldb
There are queuing apps like WQ4U you could try.
I'll check it out. Luckily, after having a rant on FT, I managed to get through

Also, learnt a new lesson: avios bookings are completely inflexible after T-24 before the first sector. This is different from BA where you can change return leg even after flying the first one, unless you are 24 hours out from departure of that sector. Kind agent has allowed me to change anyway, so I'm happy but equally I'm glad it's been my very last booking through avios.com...
Old Mar 15, 2020, 5:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG, TK Elite, IHG Amb & HH Diamond
I booked a Club World flight using Avios and a Lloyds upgrade voucher for May/June. Does anyone know what might happen to the voucher if BA cancels my flights in the next few weeks? Will I be able to use it for another booking or will it just expire?

Thanks.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 5:43 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by onemoretrip
I booked a Club World flight using Avios and a Lloyds upgrade voucher for May/June. Does anyone know what might happen to the voucher if BA cancels my flights in the next few weeks? Will I be able to use it for another booking or will it just expire?

Thanks.
I’d be interested in this also. Also for whether any voucher deadlines are extended.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.