Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GGL phone wait times

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:04 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I've been very lucky recently then. Answered every time straight after the usual recorded speech. Maybe it's me that has been holding everyone else up
Old Jul 18, 2018, 2:28 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR; AB Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Normally i had to wait about 2 minutes, but the last days i had to wait about 10 minutes.
But Im only calling when I got a more specific request of which I think the Gold Hotline can not handle.

Old Jul 18, 2018, 6:45 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
actually i was just about to start a thread on this yesterday

i have found waits to have gone worse now, from 10 secs to 10/20mins. this is 630am UK Time...
Old Jul 18, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: BA Gold; MB Ti; HH Diamond; IHG Plat; RR Gold
I wonder if staff holidays in the call centre has anything to do with this, reducing the overall number of agents available to handle the workload. Given the time of year it's feasible, although I admit wishful thinking might be that BA would have enough spare capacity to cope!
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:00 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
I've definitely noticed an increase in wait time. To the point where I've hung up and emailed on more than a few occasions recently.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
I've definitely noticed an increase in wait time. To the point where I've hung up and emailed on more than a few occasions recently.
Yes, that's an alternative, of course. But how long did you have to wait for the email response?
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Now being only (relatively) lowly Gold, I have recently been appalled at the queue times, and find it shocking to learn that GGL no longer answers pretty much immediately 99% of the time. If they don't, what hope for the rest of us ?

Last week - whilst travelling and having only intermittent access to a signal - I had to try the Gold line 3 times before getting through, having given up after 10 mins on the 1st 2 calls and persevered for 15 mins on the 3rd.

To add insult to injury my conversation began with an inquiry as to whether I was aware of the Estore and its advantages, and whether it was something I had used. I suggested that the CS agent should speak to her manager to alert them to the fact that this sort of pointless blather was likely contributing to the wholly unacceptable queuing times. One is really left to wonder how detached BA's management / bean-counters can become from its customer's needs.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:54 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by onobond
Yes, that's an alternative, of course. But how long did you have to wait for the email response?
I'm fortunate to not have had anything particularly urgent, just stuff of a nature than ba.com or a TA wouldn't have been able to deal with. Email responses I find generally take 12 hours but provided I'm clear with what I want, the response is generally exactly what I need without the requirement to go back and forth.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I've had to call AA twice today - just whatever number Google gave me and both times answered within couple of rings. Quite impressed
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Called GGL to do UuA, answered in 5 secs. I mentioned the longer waits and apparently they have taken this feedback from a few GGL in the past few days and passed it onto management.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:59 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I haven't talked to them on the phone recently but the GGL email response has been very quick and reliable. I can think of a number of travel-related businesses that could learn from that...
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:02 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Called last week at midday and it took 8mins for them to answer.

Called today at midday, and it took them 3 seconds to answer (straight after the recorded message).

What this proves, is, erm, not much!

M
Old Jul 18, 2018, 11:51 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
i find email generally efficient too if its something that does not need you intervene (e.g. GUF + Joker upgrade on booking)
Old Jul 19, 2018, 3:01 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
I had a longish wait yesterday (6 mins) then the lovely agent who picked up the phone remembered me and asked a (non-BA) question based on our previous conversation.

Either BA has invested in some super-duper CRM software or they have great agents

I favour the latter and it's this sort of personal touch which makes the wait worthwhile...
Old Jul 19, 2018, 4:02 am

Waited ten minutes yesterday and got quite a sullen robotic agent.

Waited 8 minutes today and got an awesome agent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.