GGL phone wait times

Old Jul 19, 18, 5:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by OverTheHorizon View Post
I had a longish wait yesterday (6 mins) then the lovely agent who picked up the phone remembered me and asked a (non-BA) question based on our previous conversation.

Either BA has invested in some super-duper CRM software or they have great agents

I favour the latter and it's this sort of personal touch which makes the wait worthwhile...
There is only 50 or so GGL agents in MAN and about 20 or so India, if you factor in holidays, shifts etc... at any one time there would only be 6/8 agents working GGL queue
Old Jul 19, 18, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by dakaix View Post
I wonder if staff holidays in the call centre has anything to do with this, reducing the overall number of agents available to handle the workload. Given the time of year it's feasible, although I admit wishful thinking might be that BA would have enough spare capacity to cope!
nope as there can only be set number of agents that are allowed leave any day, anytime of the year. There isnt suddenly a lot of people with leave all at once through the summer.
dakaix likes this.
Old Jul 20, 18, 6:31 am

Programs: AA EXP/LTP 4MM, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH Dia, SPG Plat/LTP
Getting 2+2 conflicting emails over the same reservation both yesterday and today. Called GGL twice, >1min waiting on both occasions, but today was but on hold for short of 5 min because the agent needed to check the history of a reservation in November with 8 segments, so far, two aircraft changes, two departure times changed and one cancellation. The delay was understandable and acceptable.

Edit: Both calls were noonish

Last edited by onobond; Jul 20, 18 at 11:01 am Reason: Clarify time of day
Old Jul 20, 18, 10:47 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Waited 12 minutes today to be answered. This was about 12:00 CET - first time I've had to call in a while.
Old Jul 24, 18, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LTP 4MM, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH Dia, SPG Plat/LTP
My positive judgement 4 days ago was considerably dented today. Being promised a follow-up call yesterday, on a change I requested, I heard nothing, but last night an email summoned me to call GGL " If you do not contact us then you may encounter issues with your reservation. " As this rather dramatic description the first time made me call at 23.30, for a trivial matter, As this was the 5th time I recieved a mail with those words, I knew better, and called today 10.06 CET. Waiting for a response for more than half an hour, the call was disconnected after 38min 2 sec, probably some automatic response. A new call (rather directly) was answered after 14 min 20 sec. When I described the result of the previous cal, I was told "we had some problems this morning, but they are now solved. Actually we have some problems with our IT".

Breaking news there, for sure
Old Nov 3, 18, 9:49 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
8 mins for me at present and really hate the music. Generally less than 30 secs.
Old Nov 3, 18, 2:22 pm

I got through within ten seconds at around 19:15 today and dealt with in the normal efficient manner.

With such a small team and callers sometimes making complex bookings I am quite happy with the occasional extended wait to get through.

The GGL line is just perfect in my experience and we can all find fault but sometimes miss the bigger picture ...
asknotwhy likes this.
Old Nov 5, 18, 4:23 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card
Originally Posted by LUFTY View Post
I got through within ten seconds at around 19:15 today and dealt with in the normal efficient manner.

With such a small team and callers sometimes making complex bookings I am quite happy with the occasional extended wait to get through.

The GGL line is just perfect in my experience and we can all find fault but sometimes miss the bigger picture ...
I've found that when you call outside of opening hours you get a more senior person at the Indian call centre as well. I was stuck at DXB at 4am UK time and my ticket was apparently stuck because when I made a date change the agent didn't process the 300 change fee. Ticketing at DXB were on the phone for an hour trying to sort it, and it was getting very close to check in closing. I called the GGL number and the agent I got had it sorted in minutes.