Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Taking parents on their first First...some questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Taking parents on their first First...some questions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2018, 4:15 pm

The staff at NCL have never mentioned what cabin I’m in on the BA flight I’m connecting to, I’m not sure about status as a have mine being blue! IIRC they all work for Swissport which probably means to some extent they care a little bit less about status or fare than someone working for BA.
Your parents will probably thank you for giving the BA lounge a miss, as they’ll be able to go for a smoke in the area provided by the bar in the middle of the terminal at NCL (Beer house?)
If you have time just go through arrivals at LHR so they can go out for a smoke. Then you could unveil your surprise by re entering through the first wing.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 4:22 pm

Great username by the way OP. I’m guessing like me that NCL isn’t your local airport, just the next closest that actually has flights to anywhere!!
UTFB likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:22 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
I agree with others above. Tell them ahead of time. Part of the joy for them is being able to rub it into their friends before they go. My parents did the same thing the whole 3 months before the trip, my mom even showing off the reservation confirmation with "Business Class" written on it.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:41 pm

I did this with a friend, I managed to get the booking done, get the itinerary on her calendar leaving off seats and class of service, and get her excited about flying even in Y as she hadn't traveled much. Two days before when she was asking about how much luggage she could bring, I surprised her with the F ticket. I think it was much better as a last minute surprise, but still the anticipation of flying F and all the perks that go along with it.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Spruce-Moose
Great username by the way OP. I’m guessing like me that NCL isn’t your local airport, just the next closest that actually has flights to anywhere!!
However did you guess?!
Old Jul 18, 2018, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I hope you have a good trip
UTFB likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:54 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, BAEC Gold
Well done if you manage to keep that a surprise, I did this for my parents on a holiday to Vancouver, rang up BA and asked them to remove my parents from the booking mailing list, and they promptly sent them out an e-mail with all of the flight details in it (10 months before the actual flight)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.