Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help Please!! DME-LHR BA236 17/7/18

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2018, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by Takiteasy
Why would you waste time and get your blood boiling by calling them tomorrow?
Exactly this. Just let the process take its course. If no response after a number of weeks, by all means chase BA by phone. But at least give them a chance to review your case.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 3:29 pm
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by Takiteasy

Totally sympathise with your plight (and enjoyed the live updates so thank you for those) but I don’t understand your last post. You have sent a complaint (presumably by filling the EU261 form on the BA website + any receipts for food etc) and BA will reply to you and pay compo within 1 to 28 days. Why would you waste time and get your blood boiling by calling them tomorrow?
That’s very true and after sleeping on it decided to let it run its course.

Will come back back with the results.

ATB

S
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 11:12 am
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
BA sent me a survey today asking about my DME-LHR flight. I’ve never had anyone call me up to discuss my feedback. Wonder if this one will be the same?

S
Old Jul 19, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC Gold, IC Plat Amb, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Saltire74
BA sent me a survey today asking about my DME-LHR flight. I’ve never had anyone call me up to discuss my feedback. Wonder if this one will be the same?

S
Filling in the survey may be quite therapeutic. Only once had a call back and that was after I was travelling in F and mentioned significant issues with the crew.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 3:05 pm
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pomkiwi
Filling in the survey may be quite therapeutic. Only once had a call back and that was after I was travelling in F and mentioned significant issues with the crew.
The remarks for the crew were the only good points in this instance.

S
Old Jul 30, 2018, 2:47 pm
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Hi All

Happy to report that I received a personal and sincere reply and apology from BA CS this evening acknowledging their faults in this instance and have apparently spoken with Moscow about the issues raised by myself and fellow passengers.

EC261 claim & taxi expenses happily making its way to my bank.

Thanks for listening.

S
ptr120, mikeyfly and ubiest like this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 9:28 pm
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

To finish this little tale off, flew back to DME last night. Popped my head into GC North after security and asked the Lounge angel to confirm that the 237 would be leaving from B gates. She asked to see my BP and scanned it. Then asked for my passport and informed me that my seat had changed........drumroll.........Upgrade to Club, seat 5F. Happy days and couldn’t help but think there was a touch of service recovery afoot .

Got to the B lounge and checked the seat map to find this was one of a pair so went to the CS desk and asked if any solo seats were available. New BP issued with 1A

Got to the gate for boarding and there was the old bird, G-MEDG that had caused so much angst 2 weeks prior. Thankfully she got got me here without any issues

And here endeth the story.

S
GinFizz and ubiest like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.