Wiki Posts
Search

When waiting for a guest in the CCR

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2018, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
When waiting for a guest in the CCR

If you’re waiting for someone to join you as a guest in the CCR, but you’re not sure whether you’re going to be there when they arrive (shower, spa, shopping, snoozing), can you leave their name to one of the dragons?

Old Jul 15, 2018, 6:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
You are best advised to be there when the guest is brought in. A guest is only permitted to join a First (or CCR/Prem Cardholder) passenger whilst they are in the lounge.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Leaving a name makes no difference. If you haven't, when your guest arrives, they should call you to come and pick them up at reception, if you leave the name, the staff will still expect to call you to pick them up at reception when they arrive in the exact same way.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 6:51 am

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
Guys, what you are describing here are the rules.

Now in my experience the lounge attendants have often agreed to take my guest details (in GF) or for my host to leave my details (in CCR). Maybe not fully by the rule book but very helpful. As long as you don’t expect this is a god-given privilege to you and ask politely, can’t see any downside in asking.

I would not expect you to be out shopping when your guest arrives though.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Takiteasy
Now in my experience the lounge attendants have often agreed to take my guest details (in GF) or for my host to leave my details (in CCR). Maybe not fully by the rule book but very helpful. As long as you don’t expect this is a god-given privilege to you and ask politely, can’t see any downside in asking.
No harm in asking indeed, but the one time I did ask (because I had my spa treatment coming and my friend was stuck at transfer security after the person had gone on a break!) my very polite request was very politely denied. (I'm only talking about CCR, not sure about other lounges).
Old Jul 15, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
I’ve had mixed experiences. The one time I was guested into the CCR the person left my name at the special door this was before the First Wing.

When i was guesting someone into GF I asked if I could leave their details at the First Wing Podium and was told no so they had to go through regular,security and I met them st the airside lounge entrance.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 8:12 am

Programs: BAEC GfL/GGL/CCR, BA Amex, Quidco, IHG Spire, Hotels.com Reinstated Gold)
Originally Posted by Takiteasy

Well it worked for me yesterday, mentioned I was waiting for a colleague to arrive to guest in to CCR, and when said colleague arrived and before they could call me they were asked if they were meeting Mr Omba and waved through. Very nice
Sealink and wanderingjock like this.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 2:28 am

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
A guest is only permitted to join a First (or CCR/Prem Cardholder) passenger whilst they are in the lounge.
For interest is this the same in GF/GC- ie guest needs to leave when I leave? Even if there's a significant difference in flight times? It's unusual for me to bring in a guest and very uncommon for them to be on a different flight but would be interested in what the official rules say.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 4:13 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by so3003
For interest is this the same in GF/GC- ie guest needs to leave when I leave? Even if there's a significant difference in flight times? It's unusual for me to bring in a guest and very uncommon for them to be on a different flight but would be interested in what the official rules say.
I've never heard of them being asked to leave - after all no one checks that your host has left in any case. Probably best to do any shopping before entering the lounge or on your way to the gate to avoid being declined re-entry.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 4:17 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
I read it as Tobias-UK was referring to the entry to the lounge when he said "join", not that the guest must be accompanied at all times. The rules say, (paraphrasing) that the passenger with entry to the lounge may have a guest accompany them into the lounge. Since the guest can be on a different flight, they may well leave at a different time to the guesting passenger. The rules don't specifically say the guest must be accompanied at all times by the inviter, because that would not make much sense with different flights in play.

So in practice, the guest can stay longer than the inviter. However, the guest would probably be wise not to attempt to leave and re-enter long after the inviter has left the lounge, though the boarding ("DCS", "Fly") system does know they have been granted access. For example I have (before she could get in on her own) guested my partner into the F lounge and she has gone out to a shop and returned without needing me to re-present myself at the entrance. We were on the same flights, so the question of guest staying later than inviter did not arise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.